xi. The Aftermath

Hearing the sound of my phone alarm beeping loudly next to me I slowly get up out of bed gently rubbing the sleep away from my eyes as I make my way towards the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day ahead of me.

Shortly after I finish showering and getting dressed I gather my things placing them into my backpack before stopping to look at myself in the mirror peeling back the bandage on my neck gently examining the scars that still reside there making me ...

Shortly after I finish showering and getting dressed I gather my things placing them into my backpack before stopping to look at myself in the mirror peeling back the bandage on my neck gently examining the scars that still reside there making me think back to that fateful day quickly grabbing my backpack and placing it on my shoulder before heading out the front door and down the walkway beginning the trek towards West Valley High.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally arriving at West Valley High I head up the walkway towards the front entrance quickly yanking the door open before heading inside gently placing my backpack on the tables setup by the entrance as the security guard checks it before handing it back to me I place it on my shoulder starting to make my way towards the stairs I grab onto the railing slowly starting to feel my chest begin to tighten as I grip onto the railing even tighter than I previously was.

Jumping at the feeling of a hand on my shoulder I rapidly turn around seeing Demetri standing behind with a look of concern on his face "hey, woah! Easy, there Wolverine. We're on the same side, remember." He said "I-I can't d-do this. I-I gotta get out of here." I stammered while shoving past him immediately heading back towards the entrance and out to the parking lot as my mind wanders aimlessly not realizing where I ended up until I glance up seeing the Miyagi-Do Dojo sign I head up the pathway and into the backyard taking a seat on the walkway of the bridge.

Feeling the tears falling from my cheeks I quickly look up at the sound of the house door sliding open seeing Mr. Larusso staring at me with a worried expression on his face "Lyn? W-what are you doing here? Is Robby with you?" He asked "n-no. Have you heard from him?" I asked while looking over at him "no, I haven't. Wait, a minute what are you doing here? Why aren't you in school?" He worriedly asked me "I-uh...I thought I was ready but, then I walked in and everyone was staring at me. Then when I got to the staircase...it was like my chest was closing. I-I just couldn't do it." I whimpered while glancing up at him tears still falling from my cheeks.

"Oh, honey. It's okay." Mr. Larusso replied as he wrapped his arms around me "no, it's not. It's not okay, Mr. Larusso. What happened was my fault." I muttered lowly "no, no it's not. Don't say that Lyn." Mr. Larusso replied "yes, it was, Mr. Larusso. Robby and Miguel...they were fighting cause of me." I whispered "oh, Lyn. I'm so sorry." Mr. Larusso whispered as he petted my hair gently.