xiii. No Apologies Necessary

Waking up to the sound of my phone alarm beeping loudly I reach out from underneath the covers to turn it off slowly getting up out of bed as I gently rub the sleep away from my eyes before heading to the bathroom to shower.

Shortly after I finish showering I head back into my bedroom to get dressed and grab my phone placing it in my pocket before heading out the front door and down the walkway beginning the trek towards West Valley General Hospital

Shortly after I finish showering I head back into my bedroom to get dressed and grab my phone placing it in my pocket before heading out the front door and down the walkway beginning the trek towards West Valley General Hospital. Once I arrive I head inside making my way towards the receptionist desk "hi, uh...I'm hear to see Miguel Diaz. And I was just wondering what room he is in?" I said "uh, he's in room 204." The receptionist said as she handed me a visitors pass "thank you." I smiled as I made my way towards the elevator quickly entering inside once it opens pushing the button for the second floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrive on the second floor I hop out of the elevator slowly making my way towards room 204 I gently knock on the door waiting for a response "come in." Miguel muttered lowly as I opened the door and headed inside "hey, Miguel." I said with a small smile on my face as I looked up at him "Lyn, hey. How're you?" Miguel said as he looked at me with a smile on his face "I–I'm good, Miguel. I'm good. A few scars here and there but, I'm good." I giggle while taking a seat next to him.

"That's good. I'm glad." Miguel replied while smiling at me "now, enough about me. How're you?" I asked him "I'm okay. The doctors say it make take a while for me to learn how to walk again but, I'm okay." Miguel muttered lowly as I nodded at him "that's good. I know you can make it through this, Miguel." I muttered while looking up at him with a small smile on my face.

Looking up at the sound of the door opening behind me I glance back seeing Hawk standing in the doorway looking at me with rage in his eyes as he looked down at me "what...the fuck are you doing here?" Hawk angrily asked me as he made his way towards me "I was just visiting but, uh...I–I should go." I muttered while standing up quickly making my way out of the room gently feeling the tears start to stream down my face as I made my way out of the entrance and into the parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrive at the apartment complex I head up the walkway quickly making my way towards my apartment opening the door and heading inside as I slam the door shut behind me "god!" I yelled while gripping my hair in my fingers tightly swiftly turning around punching a picture that resides on the wall behind me completely shattering the glass with my fist "dammit." I groaned noticing a few shards of glass in my knuckles "Lyn! Lyn?!" Mr. Lawrence shouted as he barged in through the front door making me jump in surprise "hi, Mr. Lawrence." I groaned lowly feeling the pain radiate from my hand "what happened?" He asked me noticing the broken glass on the floor next to the door.

"I had a little accident." I whispered lowly as he walked up to me grabbing my hand gently "sit." He said while pointing at the couch as I did what he instructed quickly grabbing the first aid kit from underneath kitchen sink before taking a seat next to me grabbing an alcohol pad from the kit "this might sting." He whispered while glancing up at me as I nodded at him before softly dabbing my knuckles with the pad making me wince at the sensation "you okay?" He asked me "yeah, it's fine." I muttered as he continued "alright and done." He muttered lowly before wrapping a bandage around my knuckle gently.

"Thanks, Mr. Lawrence." I whispered with a small smile on my face as I looked up at him "no problem, Lyn. " Mr. Lawrence whispered while nodding his head at me.