ii. Learning The Ropes

The following morning arrives as I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring loudly next to me as I reach out from underneath the covers to turn it off before getting up out of bed quickly making my way towards the bathroom to shower.

Once I finish getting dressed I head out of the front door quickly beginning my trek down the street starting my morning run as I finally arrive at the Miyagi-Do Dojo slowly making my way towards the backyard seeing the same man from yesterday as ...

Once I finish getting dressed I head out of the front door quickly beginning my trek down the street starting my morning run as I finally arrive at the Miyagi-Do Dojo slowly making my way towards the backyard seeing the same man from yesterday as well as the guy making a small smile appear on my face at the sight of him "I-uh...I'm sorry to interpret but, uh...do you have room for one more?" I asked with a bit of hesitation in my voice as I looked over at them "hey, I see you've made up your mind." The man said "uh, yeah. I thought about it a lot yesterday and...I decided I'm gonna give it a try." I smiled.

"Well, it's good to have you join us. Come on in." The man said as I walked over towards them with a small smile on my face "nice to see you again." Robby smiled as he glanced over at me "nice to see you too." I giggled while looking down at the ground at the feeling of a blush rising up on my cheeks "you two know each other?" The man asked us with confusion on his face as he looked at us "uh, no. We-uh...we met yesterday Mr. Larusso." Robby stammered as he sent nervous glances my way "well, as Robby mentioned I'm Daniel Larusso." Mr. Larusso said as he extended his hand out to me "uh, Dylan...Dylan Stevens." I smiled while shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Dylan." Mr. Larusso said "nice to meet you too, Mr. Larusso." I giggled "alright let's get started, shall we. Okay, come over here you two. Over here, come on." Mr. Larusso said as he waved us over towards a small pond in the middle of the backyard "what're we doing?" Robby worriedly asked him "you two are gonna learn something called the wheel technique." Mr. Larusso smiled as he looked over at us "I'm sorry. The what?" Robby asked him "get in there and I'll explain the rest." Mr. Larusso replied "your not seriously expecting us to get in there are you?" I asked him "yes, I am. It's the only way you two will learn the technique properly now, go on." Mr. Larusso chuckled as I took my shoes and socks off before slowly starting to get into the small pond.

"Oh, god. It's freezing." Robby shivered as he hopped into the water "oh, my god. Mr. Larusso something just touched my leg!" I exclaimed while looking down at the water in fear "it's alright, Dylan just get up there. Go on." Mr. Larusso said as we both did what he instructed us to do as the both of us hopped up onto the platform slowly balancing ourselves on it before looking over towards Mr. Larusso for further instructions.

"Okay, now, Dylan. Since you're still new I want you to watch Robby for a little while then try to follow along with him, okay." Mr. Larusso instructed "okay. Let's do this." I whispered while glancing over at him as I began observing his movements before following along "good job, guys. Nice, Lyn. You're doing great." Mr. Larusso said until we tried the kick portion of the routine I felt myself swaying until we both fell smack down into the pond underneath us "oh, my god!" I screamed at the feeling of how cold the water was "well, that was a good start, you guys." Mr. Larusso said "this is pointless. If we can't do this on land how are we supposed to do this on water." Robby chuckled as he glanced over at me with a smile on his face.

"Are you laughing at me?" I asked him with a hint of exaggeration in my eyes as I looked over at him "no, no. I-I wasn't laughing at you, I swear." Robby smirked as he looked down at the water before looking back up at me "you...jerk." I laughed while splashing him with water as he chuckled at me "alright, alright, enough playing around you two. Get back up and try it again." Mr. Larusso instructed as we both nodded at him before getting back up and retrying the routine once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours later we finish practicing for the day as I grab the spare clothes I had brought with quickly getting changed before heading out of the house "well, I'd say it was a successful first day, huh?" Robby quipped as he made his way over ...

A couple hours later we finish practicing for the day as I grab the spare clothes I had brought with quickly getting changed before heading out of the house "well, I'd say it was a successful first day, huh?" Robby quipped as he made his way over towards me with a smile on my face as he looked at me "yeah, I'd say it went pretty well." I giggled softly as I looked up at him "so, I'll see you tomorrow?" He smiled "yep, I-I'll be here." I replied with a small smile on my face "okay." He chuckled while nodding at me "okay." I smiled giggling softly at the smile on his face as he looked at me "I-uh...I gotta head home it's getting kinda late." Robby pointed out "oh, right. I-uh...I gotta head home too." I replied as he nodded at me before we both went our separate ways.