Chapter five

It's a vague memory, just in the back of my head, somewhere safe. It wasn't a normal evening, they kept yelling at each other's face completely forgotten that they have a young son, watching them from under the dining table, tears falling down his cheeks as he tried to cry as silent as possible. I didn't saw their faces, it was completely unclear but I could hear them yelling, their words... vague. That night, was the last night I saw my father. You can imagine how hard it was for a four years old boy, not seeing his dad, not hearing his voice, it was like a total nightmare.

I immediately opened my eyes and realized that I was slept in that alley. "dad..." I was alone and the alley had turned darker, showing me that night was coming.

"hey. Do you wanna know your future just with a penny?" I thought I'm alone... how did she just appear in front of me?! I had heard a little girl and I shivered as I saw what she was wearing, a dirty torn dress. This was... this was just awful! Her voice was so childish... "hey sir! Do you?" I turn my head to look at her pale face, those green bright eyes staring at me; I nod. And just then, I suddenly remembered that I used to give some money to these kind of people with my friends, just to see what they would say about my future, it was just for fun... but now I somehow remembered that street where my friends and I used to go and see that old woman who told me about my future, just by looking at the lines in my hand.

I reach into my coat pocket and give the little girl a penny, just as she asked. She grins and took the coin, holding it in her weak fist, then she reached out and cupped my cheek with her other hand, making me look straight at her eyes, like trying to contact my soul. "someone is looking for you." She mumbled. "are you lost?!" I immediately shook my head. 'Someone' meant Sirius, I was sure. "you will reach what you want, but the way is risky; you might stick in stories forever, young man." And just then, she let go of my cheek and ran away. That girl... she was so familiar. I try to keep the picture of her face in my mind. A thin, blond girl, somehow acting creepy and stares at your eyes for too long, like scanning your soul with those green diamonds of her eyes.

'you might stick in stories forever,' stories... sticking into stories... yeah. I'm stuck in this story. How? Just by...

The pupil of my eyes go wider as I realize what might have happened. I used to use my mind while reading stories, since the day I start reading story books, I always did this; imagining the story in my mind, imagining myself as one of the characters. I did this. I did this to myself. I imagined myself as Remus Charles Kings and I played along but it seems like it turned out that this wasn't imagination, I THOUGHT I'm imagining, but it was real. Always. What did I do go back? Remember... use your brain!

I got up on my feet and made my way out of the alley. It was near the night, so most people were in their way home, some, used horses, and some used cars. I scanned around the city, searching for somewhere, anywhere that sells books. And then, just when I saw a woman, walking inside somewhere, I found the library. Trembling from horror, I walked inside that place, and a man, sitting behind a desk, nodded at me as a 'hello'. I smiled nervously then walked to the book shelves, as I found where the story books are, I start searching for a book. I should remember how did I use my imagination! 'Alice in Wonderland' I opened the book. Wandering my eyes around the words, then closed my eyes and imagined. A blond girl, sitting under a tree and entering the world of magic, Wonderland. Come on... let me inside the story... GO ON!

My eyes still closed, seeing nothing but darkness and just then I felt someone warping their arms around my waist and then, something soft was pressed on my lips; I opened my eyes, expecting to be under that freaking tree but...

In the end of this chapter, I want to thank someone, so important in my life; my dear English teacher who helped me with this whole idea and always supported me, I really appreciate that. (THANK YOU!!!)