A request

Just as Alucard was about to get on his horse, which he had left in a stall in the simple stable at his friends' residence, he saw Trevor entering the stable. The dhampir sighed, knowing he would hear bad words. Yes, perhaps he had overdone it by giving Selene a ring. Yes, it was a bit of ego, when he heard that all the young men in the village were proposing to her.

"Are you going to split up with Greta, you leech?" Trevor asked.

That was surprising. Alucard thought to himself.

"We're not well," Alucard confessed uneasily, stroking the black horse's shiny muzzle. "I still love her, but she's distancing herself from me. Time..." Alucard sighed. "It's our enemy. She rejects me because time has stopped for me since I came of age. But hers continues to pass. She won't let me touch her or love her. I feel lonely and so does she. There's a distance between us because I can't follow her in the time of human life. It's complex."

Trevor sighed, arching his handsome dark eyebrow and massaging his temples. Adrian realized that Selene had the same mania as Trevor when she was stressed. Perhaps that was why he liked her so deeply, just as he liked Trevor and Sypha so unconfessedly.

You know... You always bring Selene presents and fill her with so many things that not even a royal lady should have, you freak. The books, the jewelry, the perfumes and the magnificent dresses that she has nowhere to wear. " Trevor noted, deeply annoyed and restless, and impulsively reached for the whip at his waist. "I thought it would stop when she became an adult, but it only gets worse..."

"Do you want me to leave you alone?

"She didn't ask you to stop, did she?" replied Trevor, his voice distressed and trying to sound controlled above his anger. "Whenever anyone comes here with presents, she tells me to scare them away. You're the only one she, being as proud as she is, will accept a gift from. Even when her mother and I fill her with presents, she doesn't feel as comfortable as when you do it. She doesn't even realize it, but every time you come to see her, she gets dressed up with all the presents you bring her. Most of the time, my daughter dresses like a kid. But whenever you tell her you're coming to visit, she wants to look like a Kwallachian princess.
"

"What do you mean by all this winding up Belmont, just get to the point...

"I'd like you to get away from her a bit and stop smothering her with your misguided, misplaced affection and your over-the-top gifts, Dracula's boy." Trevor imposed himself. "People can confuse things, leech. She might mistake your inordinate affection for her... now that she's no longer a child. I don't want her to get hurt. And I'm going to start training her as a hunter. She needs to get ready to leave the life of luxury you give her, to become the hunter that the blood in her veins demands. So I want her to stay away for the time being."

"What if I say no? " Alucard asked defiantly, taking a deep breath. Trevor was surprised. "I brought her into the world, if it hadn't been for me, Sypha would have had a difficult birth having to wait for a midwife and Selena could have suffocated on the umbilical cord."

Trevor sighed.

"Does that make Selene's life yours by any chance, you bastard?" Trevor demanded.

Alucard simply ran out of arguments.

"I just like to give you all the best. What's wrong with that? " Adrian muttered to himself. "Whenever she smiles at me and says she likes my presents, I'm happy. That's not a bad thing, is it? Why do you want to take me away from her so suddenly? I'm her godfather, Sypha said so."

Alucard had never spoken like that before. He sounded like a child lost in some kind of punishment he felt was unfair. For a moment, Trevor wished that Sypha were there, so that the three of them could talk. Yes, when Sypha returned, he would ask her to talk to Alucard.

"Forget it, leech." Trevor asked, with a certain anguish at the pain he saw in Adrian's eyes. "Just go away for now!"

After dispatching Alucard, Trevor went back into the house

After dispatching Alucard, Trevor went back into the house. He walked through the cottage, past the kitchen, the living room and into the hallway. He walked to the second bedroom in the hallway, whose heavy wooden door was open. He saw some lamps casting a faint orange light on the stones that made up the cottage.

Despite the rustic finish of the walls, her bed was a white canopy with a pink musketeer, the mattress covered in pillows and red silk fabrics with rose embroidery. The closet was white with gold inlaid details. There was a dressing table with several bottles of French perfume, a bristle brush and make-up. She had countless Parisian dresses and shoes. A full-length mirror hung with nails on the wall. It was all a gift from Alucard, who had imported them from Paris with the merchants.

"Daddy..."

"You didn't let your mother and me give you a present, but you accepted his gift. " Trevor accused the girl, resentfully.

"I just..." She tried to say something. "I like it when he gives me presents." She whispered shyly and shrugged. "I feel uncomfortable when you give them to me because you've already given me life and raised me. I don't need anything more from you, Dad."

Trevor just sighed and pulled her into a hug. The girl just ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"Brat, why do you have to be so hard-headed?" asked Belmont, with a few strands of white hair playing in the black on his head and kissing the girl's forehead, but with a thoughtful look, at everything in her room that was a gift from Alucard.

"Because I'm your daughter." Selene replied, amusing him. "Why is it in the Belmont blood to be hard-headed?"

"A good answer. "Now, your request to train you to become a huntress... I'll fulfill it. Happy name day, my child"

Selene opened her eyes as wide as she could and gave him a gigantic smile.

"Are you serious, Dad? Promise?" she demanded of him, her voice full of happiness and jumping for joy;

"Yes."

" Best present of all." Selene murmured, thrilled.

"Ah, Selene... dear daughter... I wouldn't say that if I knew the training for hell that awaits you." Trevor assured her with a wicked grin, which made the girl stop smiling immediately; he was amused by the change from her excited countenance to a frightened one. "I'm off, good night, beloved child."

"Good night, Dad. I miss Mom."

" I am too. But she's arriving tomorrow and, we'll celebrate you name day together tomorrow. Good night, daughter. Your old, bronco father loves you very much."