Back and Forth

"I have missed you guys so much", Kavita said with worst smile anyone could fake.

"I wish we could say the same" Sumitra muttered under her breath but shyam heard it.

Shyam could see the husband's constant stare on her chest, he quickly hid his cleavage with saree pallu. But the man just smiled as if he won something by making a person uncomfortable.

Sumitra took shyams hand and directed him to get behind her like she already knew what type of man he is.

"Oh Kavita, Dhirendra ji.... What a pleasant surprise" Govardhan said coming outside from his library, he picked up the little kid and said "Arre Ayush beta, how are you?"

"Good mama ji, I bought chocolate for you and Mami ji", Ayush said with little cutsy voice.

"I heard that the pandit ji's little magic worked, Sumitra bhabhi is 'actually' pregnant?"

"Yes, I am 'actually' pregnant", Sumitra exhaled from her nose her eyes still darted at Kavita as if fighting an invisible battle.

"All thanks to Soumya, who came like a light in our dark barren life", Govardhan said in an effort to diffuse the tension that has been piling up since his sisters entered the house.

Shyam blushed with pride, the couple always treated him well but listening to those words made him feel even more respected.

"So... Where is my second bhabhi?", Kavita said  finally looking at the woman standing in regal clothes.

"Oh.. but you look exactly like a real woman, I heard that Govardhan bhaiya married a man to finally get a curse lifted from a barren wife"

Shyam's anger started boiling up little by little, not because she mocked him but because she has been insulting Sumitra nonstop without a reason.
He wanted to say something, something that would make her regret even opening her mouth in front of him but didn't know that would impact Sumitra and govardhan's relationship as well.

"So tell me, where did you grow these" kavita said while pointing out Shyams breast,
"Are you sure you are not one of those 'trannies' that we see on the internet nowadays. Where did govardhan bhaiya find him"

Kavita tried her best to look down on shyam, even mock him but her eyes betrayed her showing the obvious signs of jealousy from both of them.

"Not 'Him', 'her'.. and her name is Soumya. You should at least respect a person who is sacrificing so much for your brother", Sumitra said having enough of Kavita's bullshit.

"We just came here kavita... We can chat later on, First let's take some rest", Dhirendra put his hand on his wife's shoulder as if to inform her that the first round of the fight is over.

His eyes still focusing on the blouse of a person her wife tried to mock.

The only person that shyam was genuinely happy to meet was 5 year old Ayush who gifted both him and shtam his shares of chocolate.