Flying Lessons

The parents won it seemed, her friends were acting odder and odder around her, they seemed to be trying to be polite but talk to her as little as possible and still trying to not hurt her feelings, and that was in the little time they were together, Lucille did not know who to talk to.

Neville Longbottom and Ron Weasley were bloodtraitors, Harry Potter and Draco did not get along, which naturally meant that she didn't like him either, Dean Thomas was a muggle-born, which left Seamus, but his father was a muggle. In the girls, Hermione Granger was a muggle-born, Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown were best of friends already Lucille got the distinct impression that they saw her as a house traitor for being with Slytherins and Fay Dunbar was a bloodtraitor and she definitely did not like Lucille, and Lucille just knew that her father had something to do with it, maybe a colleague, who was put in his place Lucius Malfoy—

Lucille didn't care, it was not like she was dying to make friends, as if—she was Lucille Malfoy.

Still, the poor girl tried, and she, Parvati, and Lavender became acquaintances, the sort who nod to each other in the hallways and pass smiles sometimes.

Lucille needed people, she liked people, she liked to talk, a lot. It was absolute hell.

What did she do? started talking to ghosts, yep, she knew it was pathetic.

She got to know all about Nearly Headless-Nick's past, and Fat Frair was an excellent conversation partner, but she needed humans and she knew that.

But, what could she do? She even talked to Bloody Baron, he wasn't half bad, but still scary. Since she didn't have friends in the real sense anymore, she had time, and, she— wait for it, discovered the kitchens!

Did she mention that the short letter was the last one she got from her parents? Of course Draco seemed to get a lot of deliveries from home, he even made a point to tease Harry Potter about his lack of deliveries.

Each time he would give her half of whatever treats he got, here you would think that Lucille stop self-pitying, your share of sweets is delivered to your brother, big deal. But, the reality was she and Draco did not share their treats, they fought over them and they definitely did not give the half-share that came to one of them to the other, which meant that Draco was trying to make up for the familial aspect of things too, and the treats were only for him.

On the 12th day in Hogwarts, yes, she had been counting.

Flying lessons were starting that day, Slytherin and Gryffindor, that did not fill Lucile with enthusiasm, it would have been about 10 days back, but it would be fun, the flying class, Lucille knew how to fly and so did Draco.

They had been 7 years old, at that time, and Draco was getting an instructor for flying, her mother thought flying to be way too dangerous for her and also unladylike, instead, she was to learn French, which seemed like it was way too much work. Draco being the perfect little Mommy's boy had already agreed to learn it, and her mother was on her case, all the time.

and 5 days after his classes started with Lucille spying on each one of them, Lucille decided she had learned enough so she went ahead got his broom, went to the courtyard, even got the broom up, with a prompt "Up!" and got onto it, but the broom refused to listen to Lucille and she crashed and broke her arm.

Then she cried.

Narcissa came rushing out, she was absolutely furious but was fussing at the same time, "Lucille Celeste Malfoy! What prompted you to do such a thing?" while pulling her into her lap and kissing her tears away.

That night, while Lucille had been magicked to health, Lucius Malfoy heard of the incident, and ever the diplomat he offered, to teach Lucille flying himself but she would have to learn French too.