Off To Hogwarts

Lucille Malfoy gently wiped the sleep from her eyes. She was not sure what had woken her up, but she suspected it might have been the knowledge that she and her twin brother Draco were scheduled to depart for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry today. One of the numerous magical schools around the globe that transformed young witches and wizards into competent adults through magic was Hogwarts. Every magical child would receive a letter about their acceptance into the institution when they turned eleven.

Excitement and anxiety bubbled up in Lucille's stomach, so she quickly got out of bed and showered. When she was ready, she dashed downstairs to the dining hall and sat down beside her brother. She knew he was as excited as she was and could not help but smile as he turned towards her.

He said, "Good Morning, Cille."

She chirped back, "Morning."

She looked at her parents as she reached for her pumpkin juice; her father was seated at the head of the table, her mother to his right, and she repeated herself.

"Someone is already forgotten all about her poor father," her father said, turning to face his wife with a sigh.

With a smile on her lips, Lucille slid out of her chair and gave her father a cheek kiss, saying, "She has not."

Lucille sat back in her seat as her mother turned to face her brother and herself and said, "You are both going to Hogwarts today, I know you will make us proud--"

Her father interrupted, "Of course they will, they are Malfoys."

"I hope you will continue to uphold the honor of our name and remember who you are."

"Cissa—" her father began, then paused at the look he received from his wife; despite his smile, obtaining that look had always been his goal.

She gave Draco a sharp look and said, "Study well and do not get into fights."

"Why were you staring at me alone?" her brother questioned.

Lucille responded on her mother's behalf, "Because you are the one who gets into fights and trouble."

"Your sister is correct, though not entirely. Cille, you need to keep him out of fights and you need to stay out of trouble too. I do not want to receive a letter from Severus claiming you were sneaking around the castle, or exploring as you like to call it. You also need to understand that forbidden areas are forbidden for a reason."

Lucille smiled at her mother, putting all of her charm into it, and said, "Mother, I assure you, you will not be receiving letters from Severus."

Narcissa shook her head at her kids, noting that the house elves had left and the dining room was empty. She then turned to face her husband and gave him a slow nod.

"Children, you know about the Dark Lord, and you know that I was once a Death Eater, yes? ", he asked and they nodded, he continued, "I want you to remember that I was under the Imperious Curse and was not a Death Eater by my own will and your mother was never a Death Eater, while we agree with his cause, we do not stand with the Dark Lord, we have managed to build a good life for ourselves and we would like to keep it that way, I have heard that Harry Potter would be starting at Hogwarts this year, I'd like you to become his friends, do you understand? "

"Yes."

"Yes, Father"

"Well, you had better go ahead and finish packing everything; we are heading to Kings Cross station shortly."

When Lucille asked her mother to do her hair, she said she would come to her room in a short while.

"What do you think that was about?" When Lucille asked her brother who was perched on her bed, he simply shrugged.

"It does not make sense; they always say that muggle-borns and bloodtraitors are useless, and now we are up against You-Know-Who, and with Harry Potter, did you know Father was under the Imperious Curse?" she inquired.

"I did not," was the reply.

"Draco, why are you acting as if that was not weird?"

"You are overthinking it; besides, our parents would never lie to us; we just have to trust them."

"Of course I trust them; I was not implying otherwise; maybe you are right, I am overthinking it."

They fell silent for a while.

"So, Harry Potter is coming to Hogwarts; I read about him, and he must be very powerful," Lucille said.

"I believe I met him," Draco said, "at Madam Malkins, he said his parents were dead, he was with the gamekeeper."

"Wasn't he expelled? What was he doing with The Boy Who Lived ?"

As soon as Draco opened his mouth to respond, their mother came in.

"Draco shouldn't you be getting your trunk in order? and come on, Cille. I will braid your hair; hurry up.

So they did, and Lucille soon found herself staring at the Hogwarts Express; there was a lot going on around them.

Her parents did not appear to be emotional, but she knew they were both sad.

Their father said, "You'll both make great Slytherins, keep your parents updated won't you?"

" And you'll send a lot of letters too, right?" Lucille asked.

Her mother touched each of their shoulders, squatting on the ground, and said, "Of course, we will, go and have fun."

Following the train, they soon discovered that all of their friends—Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Daphne Greengrass, Gregory Goyle, and Vincent Crabbe—were crammed into a single coach. Although it was crowded, the 11-year-olds were relatively small, with the exception of Crabbe and Goyle—so the coach was still able to accommodate everyone. Lucille headed to her closest friend, Daphne Greengrass.

"It is still unbelievable that we are going to Hogwarts," she said.

Lucille could not agree more.

============================================================

Hope you all like this, don't forget to vote and comment.