The Phone Call

The Flashback Continues....

Prachi :

I took a deep breathe and looked at Shruti, who is behaving strange since morning, It was 11 Am in the clock and everyone was busy in preparation for the Haldi function today, after 2 days, Aman and Riddhima Are getting married and everyone in the family is in happy and excited mood.

But Shruti, somehow is behaving very differently. She was enjoying, playing, talking and gossiping till yesterday with some of her friends but today she is frustrated, and is being so agressive at almost everyone. 

She has been shouting at the staff, giving cold shoulder to the guests and getting irritated with almost everything around her. I wonder, if she is upset with last night's incident when she saw Kushaal and me together.

I looked at Kushaal who is busy attending the guests and joining his friends in teasing Aman and Riddhima, he is all happy and excited for the functions, completely oblivious of what's going on with Shruti.

I was thinking about both of them when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Neelam Aunty standing there.

"Prachi, Beta will you go and call Sonali here, she is in the kitchen managing the Haldi preparations for evening." Neelam aunty told me.

I nodded and started going towards the Kitchen when a child passed by me while running and I shifted a bit but I accidently collided with Shruti.

"What the hell?" She shouted getting everyone's attention.

"Are you blind? Can't you walk properly?" She glared at me.

"What happened Shruti?" Kushaal came to my rescue before I could even reply.

"Ohh Kushaal, your dearest friend, tell this second-class girl of third-class town to learn how to behave." She complaint Kushaal about me.

"Shruti...!!! First you need to learn how to behave with someone. What do you mean by class?" Kushaal suddenly got offended.

"Yeah, you need to teach her that we belong to a higher class society where people like her need to show some manners, and what did you said, I need to learn how to behave, excuse me?" Shruti didn't backdown, provoking Kushaal more.

"Shruti, enough..!!! Well if you're this much insisting about learning manners, so let's start from the one who need it the most." Kushaal said looking directly at Shruti.

"Kushaal, what's going on here?" Pranay uncle came forward with Vikram uncle.

"Dad, look how Kushaal is having a dispute with me over a random girl." Shruti ran and hugged Vikram uncle while crying.

"Kushaal, what is this behaviour?" Pranay uncle asked him.

"Dad, Shruti started it first, she was insulting Prachi, just for a small mistake." Kushaal tried to explain.

"Kushaal....can I have a word with you, privately?" Vikram uncle said to Kushaal putting silence on the commotion going on here.

"Ji uncle.." Kushaal looked down and nodded, Vikram uncle pulled Shruti's hand taking her to her room and Kushaal followed them, closing the door behind.

"Prachi, beta what happened actually?" Pranay uncle asked me.

"Nothing serious uncle, I just accidently collided to Shruti, I will apologize to her later." I said smiling and he nodded getting relieved.

Pranay uncle left after that when Daadi-maa called him and I started taking slow steps to the room where Kushaal was present with Vikram uncle and Shruti.