- The Symbol Of Poseidon -

Another chapter of MM (Mysterious Moonlark!) Please don't be a silent reader! Comment, Vote, etc!

Sophie's POV:

I stood there shocked. Could Poseidon be REAL? I thought. "Moonlark? You've been gone for—" Techno stopped her sentence and her mouth fell open. "I-is that—" I interrupted her. "The symbol of Poseidon, yes it is." I said. Techno touched the symbol and a secret passage opened, we stood there together, shocked. "Woah.." Techno said. "We better tell the others, we should go investigate, ASAP!" I said. Techno snapped out of the amazement and nodded, we both walked downstairs to the main floor.

***

"So, you found some stupid mark that represents a STUPID—" Mr. Forkle cut Delphi off by saying: "Moonlark has made an excellent discovery, of course we don't want to, eh, upset Poseidon.." The others nodded in agreement. I blushed. "So, when are we gonna investigate?" I asked. Mr. Forkle stared at me like I was crazy. "Once you get better." He said. Me and Techno groaned in frustration. "But—" Mr. Forkle cut me off, and held his hand up and said: "No 'buts', now everyone, please investigate the rest of the base, Techno and Moonlark will investigate the Attic!"

Me and Techno were walking to the attic, but we bumped into...Ro! (ROO!!!) "Wassup Blondie, yo Techy-girl." Ro said, waving and leaving. Me and Techno waved back and continued to walk.

"Let's see if we can find something else..." I mumbled. "Hey, Moonlark? Did you leave something out of the conversation....?" Techno asked. "I-uh-no!" I said. "Mhm, I can tell you're lying, now come on, tell me, please?" Techno said. I sighed and told her what happened.

"Sooo...the prophecy said that you might die during the quest..." Techno said. I looked at her, she had sad eyes, and a huge frown. "B-but the prophecy might change! We never know..." I murmured. "Exactly, we don't know." Techno said, stomping out of the attic. I sighed and sat down, putting my head in my hands. "What have I done...?" I murmured to myself. I took off my cloak and tugged on my brown and black tipped hair. I've been getting it lately...Physic says that it must be part of my genetics. (PRETEND SHES NOT THE BLACKSWANS PROJECT) I muttered a bunch of curses and walked outside, smelling the ocean breeze. "OUCH!" I yelped, I flinched. "Dang it." I muttered, holding my arm where I got hurt, on the walk to the beach.

I reached the beach, I sighed tiredly, stepping into the water, surprisingly, I sat down in the water, feeling relaxed and calm, somehow, the ocean makes me feel...like home.

 Suddenly the water started rising around me, around my arms, legs—you get it! "Woahh..." I breathed.

A little fish appeared in front of me, tickling me. I giggle.

"You're very close..." A quiet voice said, my eyes widened and I look around. "Close to what?" I asked the voice.

Unfortunately, the voice didn't respond, I sigh and get up from the water, all the water around me collapsing.

I walk back to the base and open the secret door to it, I walk in. "Miss Moonlark, we need to talk." Mr. Forkle said. I gulped. What now?!

***

Mr. Forkle and I walk to his office, Mr. Forkle opens the door. "You see...about the..mark.." Mr. Forkle murmured. "Yeah?" I said. "Well...this must've been a home..a place that Poseidon knew..." Mr. Forkle said. "Oh." I said, casually. Mr. Forkle looked confused, I never said anything 'casually' before.

"A-anyway, I..." It looks like Mr. Forkle doesn't know what to say. "Why...don't you...get ready for your quest, Miss Moonlark!" Mr. Forkle said. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You, are letting me go?" I said, in disbelief. "Yes, yes, carry on, Moonlark! You have a long way ahead of you!" Mr. Forkle said, I chuckled and before I left the room, Mr. Forkle said: "Don't forget to bring a partner, Moonlark!" I hesitated then I nodded.

***

"Sooo...you'll choose which one of us is—" Night got cut off by Delphi

"I'm in!" Delphi said. "You'll definitely be useful, for once..." I muttered the last part of my sentence. "Nightmare, Techno, and...Gust!" I said, in case you don't know...Gust is our guster. 

***

We started packing our things, flashlights, bags, money, food, extra batteries, clothes—you get it. "So are we gonna leave tomorrow?" Gust asked. I shrugged. "We'll see.." I murmured. Gust helped me pack, I smiled at him. "I gotta try to make an excuse for tomorrow...my parents could be worried!" I said. Gust nodded. "We can try and think of something, OR just say that you have an assignment for Foxfire and that you have to leave for a few days!" He said. "Yes!" I said, smiling widely, Gust smiled back and we continued packing.

***

We finished packing  and I light leap back to Havenfield, gladly, Grady and Edaline were used to me going missing.

Grady and Edaline weren't in the pastures, so I sprinted to the house. "Grady, Edaline, I have an assignment for school, and I'll have to be gone for a few days...so...yeah.." I murmured. Grady and Edaline nodded and I headed upstairs to 'pack' again.

***

I light leaped back to the hideout and saw Mr. Forkle at the front door outside. "You guys can leave today." He said. I nodded, confused. "Okayyy..."

I headed inside and changed into a T-shirt that said: 'Real Estate Agent'. And I changed into casual shorts, and tied my hair in a simple low ponytail.

"Ready!" I said, rushing down the stairs and found...Techno...without her disguise on? She had red hair and heart shaped lips and freckles across her nose with pale colored skin. Now on to...Nightmare...is...TAM?!? I didn't know that Tam knew about the Blackswan... "Sophie...?" Tam said. "Uh.." Actually-no. I was S-P-E-E-C-H-L-E-S-S. Now onto Gust...

He has perfectly styled Brown hair and ocean blue eyes and a simple tan.

And now...Delphi...

She has curly brown hair in a ponytail with two curly strands out, and has stunning sapphire eyes. "Your eyes..." Techno murmured, examining me. "So you're the Moonlark..." She murmured, surprised. "Uh-huh." I said.

"Anyway, my real name is, Asteria." Techno said, smiling. "I'm William." Said Gust. "And of course, I'm Tam." Nightmare said, sarcastically. "And I'm, Zara." Delphi said.

"And I'm, Sophie." I said, smiling. They all nodded.

"You ready guys?" I asked.

Asteria smiled. "Always."

Thanks for reading this chapter!

AND I PROMISE THIS WILL GET BETTER!