Part 8

**Title: Unspoken Bonds: Megumi x Reader**
**Part Eight**

Y/N sat at her desk, the familiar glow of her computer screen lighting up her face. She was streaming Genshin Impact again, her fingers deftly moving across the keyboard and mouse as she explored the expansive virtual world. The chat was alive with activity, fans pouring in with messages of support and excitement.

"Alright, guys," Y/N said, her voice bright and cheerful. "We're back in Teyvat, and today we're doing some artifact farming! Let's see if we can get those perfect rolls for my new character. And maybe—just maybe—we'll do a few more pulls. You know I can't resist!"

Her audience reacted with a flurry of messages, some cheering her on, others debating which character builds were the best. Y/N loved this part of streaming—the sense of community, the shared excitement, and the way everyone came together over a shared passion.

As she navigated her way through the game, a new message popped up in the chat, highlighted in bright colors to stand out.

"AnonymousDonor123: Hey Y/N, love your streams. How about we take this offline? I'd love to take you on a date sometime. ;)"

Y/N paused, her fingers freezing over the keyboard. The chat seemed to hold its breath, a mix of reactions flooding in—some playful, some awkward, others supportive. She tried to brush it off with a laugh, trying to keep the atmosphere light.

"Uh, thanks for the offer, AnonymousDonor123," she said, trying to sound casual. "But I'm just here to play games and have fun with you guys. Let's keep it to that, okay?"

She turned her attention back to the game, hoping that would be the end of it. But then another message from the same user appeared, this time more insistent.

"AnonymousDonor123: Come on, Y/N. I'm serious. I can take you somewhere nice. Just give me a chance."

Y/N felt a knot form in her stomach. She'd dealt with overenthusiastic fans before, but something about this felt different—more unsettling. Her chat began to pick up on her discomfort, with some users telling the stranger to back off and others trying to lighten the mood with jokes.

"Alright, guys," she said, forcing a smile. "Let's focus on the game, yeah? We're here to have fun!"

But the messages from the stranger kept coming, each one more persistent than the last.

"AnonymousDonor123: Don't be like that. I've been donating to your streams for months. You owe me this."

Y/N's heart sank. This wasn't just an overzealous fan—this was someone who felt entitled, someone who was crossing a line. She glanced at her viewer count and noticed a few people leaving, clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

"Alright, I think that's enough," she said, her tone firm now. "I'm going to have to block this user. Remember, guys, let's always respect each other's boundaries. This is supposed to be a safe space for everyone."

With a few quick clicks, she blocked the user, watching as their messages disappeared from the chat. But the damage had already been done. The atmosphere in the stream had shifted, the fun and excitement replaced by a lingering tension.

Y/N tried to shake it off, diving back into the game and trying to keep up the energy, but the weird feeling in her stomach wouldn't go away. She could feel her focus slipping, her mind drifting back to the unsettling interaction.

After a few more minutes of half-hearted gameplay, she sighed and made a decision. "You know what, guys? I think I'm going to call it a night. I'm not feeling my best, and I want to make sure I'm bringing my A-game for you all. We'll pick this up again tomorrow, okay?"

The chat filled with supportive messages, her loyal fans understanding and offering kind words.

"Take care, Y/N!"
"We'll be here when you're ready!"
"Stay safe!"

She smiled, feeling a little more at ease. "Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate you all. Have a great night, and I'll see you soon!"

She ended the stream, the screen going dark. For a moment, she just sat there, staring at the monitor, the room suddenly feeling too quiet. She took a deep breath, trying to shake off the weird feeling lingering in her chest.

Deciding she needed some fresh air, Y/N grabbed her jacket and headed out of her dorm room, walking through the quiet halls of Jujutsu High. The cool night air hit her as she stepped outside, and she felt herself relax a little.

She wandered aimlessly for a while, lost in her thoughts. She hated how one person's actions could ruin what had been a good night. She was used to dealing with unwanted attention online, but this felt different—more personal, more invasive.

As she rounded a corner, she nearly bumped into Megumi, who was walking back from training. He looked surprised to see her out so late. "Hey," he said, his tone neutral. "What are you doing out here?"

Y/N shrugged, trying to play it off. "Just needed some air. Had a weird stream tonight."

Megumi's brow furrowed slightly. "Weird how?"

She hesitated, then decided to tell him the truth. "Some guy kept asking me out in the chat. It got kind of creepy. I blocked him, but... I don't know. It just made me feel weird."

Megumi's expression darkened, a rare look of concern crossing his face. "Did he say anything threatening?"

"No, nothing like that," she said quickly. "Just... persistent. It was more annoying than anything, but it threw me off."

He nodded, understanding. "I get it. People like that think they're entitled to your time just because they follow you online. It's messed up."

She was surprised by how much his words comforted her. "Yeah, exactly. It's like... just because I'm online doesn't mean I owe them anything, you know?"

He nodded again. "You're right. You don't owe them anything. If anyone gives you trouble, just let me know. I'll take care of it."

Y/N felt a small smile tug at her lips. "Thanks, Megumi. I appreciate that."

They stood in silence for a moment, the night air cool and calm around them. Y/N felt the tension slowly leaving her body, replaced by a quiet sense of relief.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Megumi asked after a moment. "Or about anything else?"

Y/N considered his offer, then shook her head. "No, I think I'm good. Just needed to clear my head."

He nodded, seeming to understand. "Alright. But if you ever do want to talk... I'm around."

She smiled, touched by his quiet offer of support. "Thanks, Megumi. That means a lot."

He gave a small nod, his expression softening slightly. "Anytime."

As they stood there under the stars, Y/N felt a little more at ease, knowing that she wasn't alone. She had people who cared about her, who would look out for her—even in the strange, unpredictable world of Jujutsu sorcery. And for now, that was enough.