part 13

**Title: Unspoken Bonds: Megumi x Reader** 
**Part Thirteen**

Y/N couldn't take it anymore. The silent treatment from Megumi had stretched on for days, and the more he ignored her, the more it gnawed at her. She tried to focus on her training, to distract herself with her studies and her friends, but her mind kept drifting back to him. She couldn't understand why he was acting like this, why he had suddenly shut her out without any explanation.

After another sleepless night, Y/N decided she needed answers. She was done playing games. She was done waiting for him to come around. If he wasn't going to talk to her, then she'd force the conversation herself. 

She found him in the courtyard after their afternoon training session, leaning against a tree with his arms crossed, his gaze fixed on the ground. His face was a mask of indifference, but Y/N could see the tension in his posture, the way his jaw clenched whenever someone walked past. 

"Megumi," she called out, her voice sharp with frustration. She marched up to him, her heart pounding in her chest. "We need to talk."

He glanced up, his expression unreadable. "About what?"

"About you ignoring me," she snapped. "About you avoiding me for no reason. What the hell is going on with you?"

Megumi looked away, his jaw tightening. "It's nothing. Just drop it, Y/N."

She could feel her frustration boiling over, her hands balling into fists at her sides. "No, I'm not just going to drop it! You've been treating me like I don't exist for days now. I deserve to know why!"

Megumi let out a sigh, his gaze still fixed on the ground. "I told you, it's nothing. Just... leave it alone."

Y/N felt a surge of anger flare up in her chest. "Stop lying to me, Megumi! I know something's going on. You've been avoiding me, and I want to know why. What did I do to make you act like this?"

His eyes snapped up to meet hers, and for a moment, Y/N thought she saw something flicker in his gaze—guilt, maybe, or regret. But then his expression hardened, his eyes narrowing. "You didn't do anything, Y/N. This is about me, okay? Just stay out of it."

"Stay out of it?" she repeated incredulously, her voice rising. "How am I supposed to stay out of it when you're making it so obvious something's wrong? I thought we were friends, Megumi. I thought we could talk to each other about anything."

Megumi's face darkened, his eyes flashing with irritation. "Maybe that was your mistake."

The words hit her like a slap in the face, leaving her momentarily stunned. She took a step back, her heart clenching in her chest. "What... what is that supposed to mean?"

Megumi looked away again, his shoulders tense. "It means maybe you shouldn't have assumed we were something we're not."

Y/N's eyes stung with unshed tears, but she refused to let them fall. "Why are you being like this? What did I do to make you so angry?"

He let out a bitter laugh, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "You want to know what's wrong, Y/N? Fine. I'll tell you. You're a distraction. You're always there, always demanding attention, always trying to get involved in everything. It's exhausting."

The words cut deeper than she'd expected, each one like a knife to her heart. She swallowed hard, trying to keep her voice steady. "So, what? You think I'm just... in the way?"

"Yes," Megumi said coldly, his eyes meeting hers with a look she'd never seen before—one filled with anger and something else, something that looked almost like fear. "You're a waste of space. All you do is get in the way, and I can't focus when you're around. I don't have time for your games, Y/N."

Her breath caught in her throat, her vision blurring with tears she could no longer hold back. She'd expected him to be distant, maybe even angry, but this... this was something else. "Is that really what you think of me?" she whispered, her voice breaking.

Megumi's face remained impassive, his expression cold. "Yeah, it is."

For a moment, there was only silence between them, the words hanging heavy in the air. Y/N felt like her world was crumbling around her, the hurt and betrayal clawing at her chest. She'd thought she'd gotten to know Megumi, thought she'd broken through that tough exterior, but now it felt like she didn't know him at all.

"Fine," she said quietly, her voice trembling with a mixture of anger and pain. "If that's how you feel, then I won't bother you anymore. But don't come crawling back to me when you realize what you've lost."

She turned on her heel, not giving him a chance to respond, and walked away as quickly as she could. Her vision blurred with tears, but she refused to let them fall. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her break down.

Megumi watched her go, his chest tight with a mix of anger and regret. As soon as the words left his mouth, he knew he'd gone too far. He hadn't meant any of it, not really. He was just scared—scared of his feelings, scared of how much she was starting to mean to him. And now he'd pushed her away, just like he'd pushed everyone else away.

He clenched his fists, his nails digging into his palms as he tried to keep himself together. He wanted to run after her, to take back everything he'd said, but his feet felt like they were glued to the ground. He didn't deserve her forgiveness—not after what he'd just done.

Y/N didn't look back as she walked away, her heart heavy with a mix of sadness and anger. She didn't know what had happened to Megumi, didn't know why he was acting like this, but she was done trying to figure it out. She was done chasing after someone who clearly didn't want her around.

As she made her way back to her room, she felt a determination settle in her chest. She didn't need Megumi. She didn't need anyone who didn't want her around. She would live her best life, with or without him. And if he wanted to be miserable and alone, that was his choice—not hers.

For the next few days, Y/N threw herself into her training and her studies with a renewed focus. She spent more time with Yuji, Nobara, and the others, determined to prove—to herself and to Megumi—that she didn't need him to be happy. She would move on, she would be okay. She had to be.

But no matter how hard she tried to distract herself, she couldn't stop thinking about their argument, couldn't stop hearing his words echoing in her mind. "You're a distraction. A waste of space." The pain of it cut deep, deeper than she wanted to admit. 

Megumi, on the other hand, was struggling with his own regrets. Every time he saw Y/N laughing with Yuji or training with Nobara, he felt a pang of guilt and longing. He missed her—missed her laughter, her smile, the way she always seemed to know just what to say to make him feel better. He wanted to apologize, to tell her he didn't mean what he'd said, but every time he tried to approach her, he found himself frozen with doubt and fear.

So he kept his distance, watching her from afar, his heart heavy with regret. He knew he'd messed up, knew he'd hurt her more than he could ever make up for. But he couldn't help the way his heart ached every time he saw her, couldn't help the way he wanted to reach out and pull her close, to tell her how much he cared.

But he'd made his choice, and now he had to live with it.

And so, they continued on, two people caught in the crossfire of their own emotions, each too afraid to take the first step toward making things right. And as the days turned into weeks, the distance between them only seemed to grow, leaving both of them wondering if things would ever go back to the way they were before—or if they were destined to remain strangers, forever haunted by the words they could never take back.