20 she likes another boy | junmin

song inspo | she likes another boy - oscar lang

maybe it was just junmin. maybe junmin wasn't good enough for areum – maybe he just wasn't what areum needed. she had already fallen for another boy less than a week after she had kissed junmin.

he saw her kiss him with his eyes.

and it made junmin mad. it infuriated him that he had no right to even get jealous, it's not like he was her boyfriend. but this had happened so many times before, why did he feel jealous? maybe it was because this guy in particular seems even douchier than the last. or maybe it was the fact that junmin had confessed his feelings vulnerably, five days prior.

either way, there he sits – across the classroom from the very girl who had his heart.

and across the boy who had hers.

watching the two of them sit so closely, smiling to each other, made junmin feel almost claustrophobic. it felt like the walls were closing in on him – fast. he tried so hard to occupy his mind with something else, but he couldn't. all he could think of was areum's silky hair, and her pearly white smile that could have him doing anything.

and he couldn't stand it.

-ᥫ᭡-

"junmin!"

junmin recognized the voice behind him, and he ignored it as he continued walking home. but he knew he wouldn't get away with it, and soon footsteps were right behind him.

"junmin?"

areum walked next to the boy, her eyebrows knitted in confusion as to why he was ignoring her. but she still got no response from him.

"junmin? you okay?"

all junmin could do is shrug as he continues to beeline for his house, hoping the daily ten minute walk miraculously gets shorter.

"why are you acting like that?"

all junmin wanted to do is cry. he wanted to cry and tell her how much he loved her – how bad he'd been pining for her the past four years – but he knows he can't. his pride was too large, and her heart was to naive to fall in love with an asshole, that it wouldn't even hear his pleads.

so he just keeps walking, his hands in his pockets, the lump in his throat tightening as he keeps a steady walking pace.

areum doesn't understand why he'd be acting like this. was it because she left him on read? she was only busy hanging out with a boy, it's not like she'd be able to answer. was it because she cancelled plans to hang out with the same boy? she was only trying to give junmin an opportunity to find more friends. why was she in the wrong?

"junmin i'm serious, talk to me"

he couldn't help it anymore, he had to speak.

"can't you just leave me alone?"

junmin spoke a bit harsher than he intended, but he didn't apologize, he just kept walking.

areum wouldn't take that as an answer, and she grabbed the boy by his wrist, stopping him from walking away.

"what did i do? why are you pissed?"

seeing her so oblivious to his feelings make junmin nearly want to sob in frustration. he runs both of his hands through his hair as he tries to calm down his emotions.

"it's nothing. stop being like that, it's annoying"

now areum was the one upset. this was her best friend, and he was mad at her for a reason she didn't even know. she's never seen him this irritated, even in the very past, he was always kind and gentle to her.

"can't you just let me know why you're mad? i don't understand why suddenly you can't stand m-"

junmin quickly interrupted her words, his nerves snapping.

"because I love you, areum! and you won't listen to me! can't you see that i'm right here? can't you?"

he raised his voice a bit more than he wished he did, and he immediately bit his lip as areum stood there in shock. seeming that areum was speechless, junmin sighed and let his words come out again.

"you know i hate being vulnerable areum, and i still confessed my feelings for you. but you discarded my feelings, and you're with another boy less than a week after i gave my heart to you,"

junmin's voice is serious, a tone that he rarely ever uses with her.

"it makes me sick to my stomach."

_______

-─ㅤゑㅤchlo