Arc 1 Chapter 1 - Three collided paths

Every step I took zapped a bit of strength from my body. I just wish somebody was there to hold me up, panting, breathless, and weak. I could finally see my small hut on top of the hill with rivers of blood and what was once beautiful grasslands now a withered wasteland with shades of gray spanning all the lands behind me. A once lively town with only souls that wished to be left alone now turned to ash and burning bright.

I took one more step when my heart started pumping through my chest. I lost the ability to hear, my knees gave in, I was left at the foot of the hill staring out to the burning city, yet all the screams of the burning demons poisoned my weak mind. I closed my eyes and laid my head back, screams fading and life draining. I felt at peace for the first time in a couple decades.

I lost track of the time, there was a pattern of heavy steps approaching me. I still couldn't see, presumably because of the blood dripping from my face. The approaching footsteps were halted close to my torso, I was poked by something harshly and I could hear a voice from a devil's guard "Even the children were killed" The voice stopped poking me and was about to move on, but I was able to get a twitch out of my body. There were definitely two guards in the area because the first voice started talking to the second one about my weak life signs. I could feel a set of muscular arms hoist me up and over his shoulders and carry me back into the still burning city. I could start to hear again but everything was faint, my vision was blurred and bloodied, but I caught one last glance of the old city. Once again, I was taken from my home, but this time I'm going to track down the devil and take an eye for an eye...

Casper

The journey stopped us at one of the many devils in hell's door. The Devil's guard dropped me and banged on the boney door. The servants opened the door as I raised to all fours. I stared down the long corridor and traced my eyes up to the owner of the hell house. I weakly stood on my feet and shambled my way forward. The doors behind me were closed with a hard thud and the entire room was lit with bright candles. I made it to the Devil's feet and shot down to my knees and bowed to him in great respect.

"Respect stance? From someone so young?" The Devil placed his hand under my chin and raised my head up. He requested that I stand and tell him what happened to the old city. I rose to my feet and started at the beginning.

Hours earlier

I was walking through the marketplace. Merchants and wares weren't the richest in taste or talent but everyone in hell needed someone, so our town accepted the medium quality wares. I was browsing some new vases for my small hut on the outskirts of the city. From the distance the entire marketplace could hear screams and building's collapsing. Suddenly flames were erupting from every nearby window and the ground beneath us erupted in flames. All around demons were being slaughtered by these creatures made of fire. A single man shrouded in the same fire and walked down the road - igniting everything in sight. I ran for my life, praying for the devils' guard to come save us from the invading soul. I was struck in the arm by one of the rabid dogs, I tried to fight back but the mut tore through my skin. I kicked the beast off and suddenly I felt a hand grab my neck from behind. The burning man threw me on the ground and glared into my face. He showed great pain behind his eyes, yet the flames of rage corrupted him. He swung at me hard enough to shatter my left horn. I laid there in pain as the burning man continued his reign of terror.

Present

The devils guard were shocked to the core, questions about my own survival were spurring in the air. The devil - who introduced himself as Molech - was hushing the room. He got up from his throne and walked down the small set of stairs, where he would come down to my level. Molech gave me the choice to join his ranks and be trained to get vengeance on the spirit of rage.