Chapter 13 - unholy fate

When the dust fully cleared, I spotted Casper on her knees. She was facing the sky with her arms to her sides. I noticed something different about her though. Her second horn wasn't broken anymore, her skin also had the bright orange veins, and under her top two horns were two extra smaller horns. They had some new design to them, all four horns had three white stripes. Her original two top horns were longer too, they spanned all the way back behind her head.

I made it to her, I held my hand on her shoulder. Her face was different. The ethier around her mouth had been ripped away, her eyes were magma colored and her mouth under the ethier had sharpened fangs like Melena. She looked down on the damage she had done. She laughed, her laugh was maniacal. She planted her hands onto the ground as she had this distorted laugh. I failed to notice the tail she had grown, it was a slim black tail with a spearhead tip. Casper had unlocked her true advanced form. The one from before wasn't even a devil form, it was her body holding in how powerful of a devil she truly is. But it was then I realized why she was laughing so hard. The Unholy hadn't been killed. He was on the floor covered in his own blood. Casper demonically crawled toward him. I stood up and followed her. The Unholy swung a fist at her but her tail stabbed through his hand.

"Devil technique, devour" Casper gripped the Unholy's stabbed arm and squeezed hard enough to pop it straight off the joint. She asked if I wanted to see a magic trick as she opened her mouth and unhinged her jaw. She devoured his entire arm and licked up all the blood pouring from her mouth. I peered down on the Unholy and back to Casper. Something clicked in me, I didn't just want to protect Casper because Mazoku said so. I love Casper, her demonic qualities are like my own. We were made for each other. So I knelt down by the Unholy, raised my hand, and dug deep into his organs. Feeding Casper anything I could pull out. The Unholy tried to fight back but he could only watch since we severed his last arm and both his legs. And just like I promised Calmer, and Casper. We got revenge by slaughtering all of the obstacles in the way. The Unholy was ripped apart and used as playground equipment as we danced around him covered in his blood and both full of his insidious insides. When we decided he was wasting our time I took the top half of his spine, Casper took the bottom half. We stretched him out and raced on opposite sides to pull his spine apart and eliminated the last of our enemies. Casper and I made our way back to David and Vendetta. The blood evaporated as time passed, David froze in fear at the sight of Casper. We were held up in an apartment. David had to sneak us in the room. As time passed we waited for Judy to come to us. Overtime Casper slowly reverted back to her normal form; Same goes for me.

Lately we've been staying quiet. Calmer hasn't made her move. Over this long course I retold the events of what Calmer told me. How I am the reincarnation of Aiden, how I was possessed by two different devils. The room fell silent, tension still high from the previous fight. Casper folded her arms as she leaned against the wall, she gazed outside the window and commented how she truly felt about Melena. She claims that Melena was no more than a sister to her, Casper shed a tear through the ethier. She started to have a red tint to her eyes. David was as still as stone on his bed, he sat with his elbows on his knees and hands over his head. Vendetta chimed in, he claimed that Melena felt like a mother figure, he too clenched his fists and grinded his teeth together. David stayed as he was, but he shared that Melena was his only reason to be a seeker. He released his posture and held his necklace in his hand. Tears were flowing down his face as he carried wrath on his back. His eyes were filled with anger, he rose from the bed and gathered up his gear. Nightfall was among us and he turned back from the door "we're gonna kill Judy Calmer, together, and once this is over" David strapped his sword on his belt. "All of us are going to continue our lives for her." He said. Vendetta stood and made his way to Casper, patting her shoulder and nodding. She nodded back and cracked her neck. I kept my arms folded, fearing that we could lose more lives if we aren't careful. I objected, calling out the current tension. I tried to get through to David that we must wait for Calmer to strike first. She's crafty and the memories we collected are likely useless now that she knows we're coming. David stomped his feet toward me, he glared into my eyes. I told him that I too want nothing more than the death of Clamer. I told him that I have no problem with hunting down and killing demons. He threw his hand up and turned back to face the door. Just as his hand touched the knob I shouted "I don't want to lose you either!" Everyone paused. David took in a single breath and turned his head toward me.