Chapter 1: Business Woman

The sprawling city of Chelmsford was where Shelby now lived and the place that had seen her come up from a starving young entrepreneur into an established businesswoman.

For her it felt as if someone had hit the fast-forward button in her life because she had gone from living in a slow-paced sea-side town to living on her own in a city which was bigger and only growing, the speed of the place only increasing.

The sun was shining and there was a warm breeze to accompany it, she had just parked and locked her car in a PCN public garage and was now on foot traversing the place she loved. She preferred living this way, being around people who had ideas and ambitions, it kept her sharp to see and feel the competition around her, to meet and network with people that had ideas on how to improve in life, business and everything else.

She knew of only one other place where life was even faster paced and wondered if maybe the fast-forward button had pressed it so hard that it was now stuck in the plastic of the remote, in places like London, where the energy was on manic levels. For now, for Shelby, Chelmsford seemed the place to be and grow until it was time to take on the big city. She knew her destiny was to be right there in the heart of the big city, surrounded by the tallest skyscrapers and doing deals with the most ruthless of businessmen but for now she was content with where she was.

Shelby was five feet six, 11 stone of pure business-woman-on-a-mission as she walked down the pavement. She was on her way to have an important Wednesday afternoon meeting. The workday had started at 8 sharp in the morning and she had been in the office all morning, responding to emails, delegating new tasks and checking the digital marketplaces to see what her competition had been up to over the weekend. She didn't like to obsess over what her business rivals did but she did enjoy knowing, information was power and it informed her decisions when it came to her own business plan and key strategies, theirs was a technology business which had to remain competitive at all times.

Oversized shades obscured her light brown eyes, which had flecks of green when looked at closer, she had spent at least an hour on the make-up and a mane of oiled, thick black hair was curly and framed her beautiful face, shoulder-length and bouncing with each step she took. The dark red lipstick went well with the dark tailored, business suit. The shirt she wore was dark red with a white collar, matching with the lapels and cuffs of the black blazer. The jacket had 3 gold buttons down the middle and a belt to accentuate her hips. The trousers were a matching black and showed the ample curves of her round, full buttocks and panty lines which bled through the tight fabric. Her feet were in 6 inch-heel boots which had thick gold bands across the top of them to add a touch of designer elegance. She held in one hand a black Maxwell Scott briefcase, handcrafted Italian leather which he had received from her father, it had all the essentials including the laptop, phone, data bank and purse.

Shelby had decided from a fairly young age that she wanted to be in this position, she wanted to be her own boss and that working for someone else just wouldn't do, hence she was self-employed, and the head of an organisation whose success depended on her leadership, whose existence was a continual fight to maintain market share amidst stiff competition, copycats and software pirating. The job, like her most recent-failed relationship, demanded a lot of her time, energy, and spirit. Nowadays she was working so much there was little time for much of anything else, sometimes she would forget to eat just running from one task to the other.

Her day consisted of making phone calls, querying orders, answering emails, confirming future financial projections and a myriad of other tasks which she couldn't yet delegate to someone else. She knew she needed to give the managers underneath her more responsibilities to lessen them on herself, but it was easier said than done.

She had said it to her friends in jest but there was a bitter truth to it, that she didn't have time for relationships, although she daydreamed about meeting the right man. As much as she might have put vibrator to clit, there was a part of her which was unfulfilled, that toy couldn't kiss, hold or caress the way a man could. She could feel it in herself and knew that it was only time before she would be crawling up the wall in frustration. It wasn't that she was unattractive or abrasive, there were always one or two men looking to get with her, but they seemed to be missing essential components. Those requisite masculine ingredients which made her irresistibly attracted.