Chapter 2: Week After Syllabus Week

Anna's POV: Syllabus week was awful. I take five classes for a total of fifteen hours. During syllabus week, I felt like I had to repeat myself so many times. Introduce yourself, tell a fun fact, what's your goals for the semester, and how you plan on achieving these goals. Like, kill me already. Not to mention, all these people at UCF are smart and I'm just me. I'm swamped with schoolwork already. I go to UCF's library and oh my gosh, why is it so huge? Why is everyone looking at me? I make a run for it toward the study rooms. I run into someone... AGAIN. 

"Not this happening again", I said. 

"Chill people pleaser girl, it's just me", he said. It was embarrassing for me. 

"I'm sorry", I said. 

"It's alright", he said. 

"So you go here", I asked awkward. 

"Yeah", he said. 

"Yeah okay, bye coffee guy", I said and left. 

He didn't say anything after I left. 

Charlie's POV: I was at the library studying, nobody told me college was going to be hard. I studied for a few hours by then and was going to leave, I ran into someone again. It was the girl from the coffee shop. I'll admit she's cute. We talked for a minute, and then she left. I'm surprised she remembered me from the coffee shop, because that situation happened a couple of weeks ago. I remember her. The way she spoke, her facial features, awkwardness, everything. I shouldn't even be crushing on her, but how can I not. I just wish I could talk to her and not be awkward. I would definitely get made fun of by my teammates for liking a girl. They think basketball should be the number one priority. I agree, but I'm so tired of being single and it's time for me to be mature. Next time, I run into her, I'm just going to ask for her number or just talk to her in a better conversation. 

Anna's POV: I get to the study room. I sit down and start to work on some assignments. My min starts to wonder back to the coffee shop guy and the conversation I just had. Why are we both so awkward? We shouldn't be having crushes on each other this early in the school year. Whatever, I go back to doing my assignments. After a few hours, I finished my assignments and left the library. I went back to my apartment and ate dinner because it was getting late. I thought about the guy I keep running into. It's like the universe wants us to meet out of this big campus. There's so many other people on this campus that would kill to tun into a cute guy. Me, I couldn't care less about being in a relationship. I hate being in love. I feel like truly a guy will never love me, especially since most of them are looking for a hookup anyway. It is the truth. I fear if I do get into a relationship, I will be cheated on, and I don't want that. After I ate dinner, I look at assignments that are due soon, at least try to get a head start on them. It feels nice to get them done ahead of time, so I'm not stressing myself out. After a few hours, I started getting ready for bed, yes at 9pm. I try to go to bed early. I plug my phone in and go to sleep.