Chapter 5: Classes

Anna's POV: It's February 1st. February is the worst month for me. Valentine's Day is coming up. I think Valentine's Day is so dumb. You're supposed to love each other every day, not one specific day. Anyways, I have at least one week left to write and turn in my research paper. My professor wants a nine page paper due. Being a psychology major is no joke. I got up early to get coffee and work on my paper. I have three classes today and all three of those classes take most of my day. I get to the coffee shop around 8am, I have about an hour to get some work done. I already have five pages done, four more left to go. Most of my classwork is discussion boards and video assignments. This professor wants us to do essays, which if I were a professor I would not want to read all of the essays. I text Charlie, he might be in class already though. 

Me: I have three and a half pages left

He didn't answer, he'll answer later. It's time for me to get to class. Traffic wasn't that heavy, but close enough that I was glad to leave early from the coffee shop. In my classes, we are not allowed to use our phones at all. We can check the time, but that's it. As someone with ADHD, it's very hard to pay attention in class. The only way I can pay attention in class is to take notes. 

*time skip, 4pm*

It's the end of my classes, finally. I get to the UCF library to at least try to finish my paper. I check my phone for messages and app notifications. Charlie texted me two hours ago. 

Char: Nine page paper? geez

Me: yeah i hate being a psych major sometimes 

Char: Why'd you pick that major? 

Me: Well, I'm someone who observes people everywhere. Every single person is different. I've always wondered about people and how they act. I love analyzing tv show characters as well. 

Char: You wonder about me? 

Me: Yeah. Nothing bad, you're literally so sweet. 

Char: Thank you, you're sweet too. 

Me: Thank you. 

I put my phone down and looked back at my laptop. I didn't get anything done. Charlie made me distracted. I decided to go back to my apartment. After two hours, I get a knock at my door. I get up from the couch to answer the door. It was Charlie with flowers. What is he doing here? 

"Charlie what are you doing here", I asked. 

"I should've texted, but I got you flowers and wanted to surprise you", he said. 

"You're sweet, come in", I said. 

"How's the research", he asked as he sat on the couch. 

"Thankful I'm almost finished with it. I hope he doesn't make us do a presentation", I said sitting on the couch. 

"Why would he do that", he asked. 

"I don't know it just sounds like him", I said. Getting back to my laptop and Charlie on his phone. He keeps looking at me on and off for fifteen minutes straight. I would occasionally look at him too. What? He's so cute. I toss the remote to him. 

"There's Netflix and Disney+ if you want", I said not looking away from my laptop. 

"Wouldn't it distract you with your paper", he said. 

"No, Char. I'm okay, I use it as background noise anyway", I said looking at him. 

"Okay", he said as I look back at my laptop. 

Charlie POV: How could I not look at her. I really like her. I look for a tv show on Netflix to watch. I decided on Outer Banks, because everyone loves that show. I see that she was already watching it on her continue watching list. I just wanted to watch it. 

"You don't mind if I restart the show", I asked. 

"Huh, oh I don't mind. I love Outer Banks", she said looking at me then going back to her laptop. 

"Thanks", I said as I hit season one, episode one. 

After about two hours, it was about 8pm. Anna closes her laptop. I look at her. 

"You're done", I asked. 

"Yeah, I'll just go through re-read and edit the paper tomorrow", she said. 

"You're tired", I said. 

"Yeah, looking at a screen all day makes me tired", she said. 

"I get it. You want me to leave", I ask her. Such an idiot, why did I do that. 

"Don't leave", she said.

Maybe I'm not an idiot. She gets closer to me on the couch. I put my arm around her while the show was playing. This feels right. She was finally getting comfortable with me. This is all I ever wanted. She is everything I ask for in a person. I wouldn't trade her for anything. I've got to ask her out before someone else does. For now, I'm just going to enjoy this moment of what we have. She is definitely the one for me. I look at her halfway through the episode, and she was asleep. I can't get up now, she was comfortable. I get the blanket from the top of the couch and covered both of us. I decided to go to sleep myself.