Chapter 1: New Place

Anna's POV: It's December of 2022. I moved to Orlando, Florida from California. I just enrolled at the University of Central Florida. My major is Psychology. It does take a lot of work. I start at the university in January. I'm so nervous because it is one of the biggest schools. I haven't met anybody in Florida yet. I decided to head to a coffee shop. When I got to the coffee shop, I looked like a tourist. I was scared to be there. Anyway, I ordered an iced coffee and sat at a table. I was starting to observe people. People go in and out of the coffee shop. People working on their computers. Couples being on a date. There's me alone. Whatever, I start scrolling on my phone and try to finish my coffee. After 30 minutes, I get up and I run into someone, spilling their coffee on me and him. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. Do I need to buy you another coffee, this is so embarrassing", I said. 

"I mean sure, but you don't have to. I'll be okay", he said.

"No seriously I will", I said. 

"You're a people-pleaser, you seriously don't have to", he said. 

"Okay well I'm gonna leave before this gets odd, bye coffee guy", I said. Ew. I hate myself.

"Bye people-pleaser girl", he said as I walked out the door. 

People pleaser? I am not. Okay, maybe I am a little bit. I hate myself for embarrassment. He was so cute, but I just met him and I didn't even get his name. Why am I like this? I arrived at my apartment, and started scrolling on social media. I honestly can't wait for school to start. I hate having downtime. Schoolwork is something I can get my mind to be active. I don't play any sports, however, I do love watching sports. I can't wait to go to basketball games soon. It was about to be dinner time, and I had no food at the apartment I just moved into. Why didn't I go grocery shopping for groceries earlier? I hate shopping, it takes so long. I'm indecisive, and it makes me tired. After two hours of grocery shopping, I finally get home and made dinner. After dinner, I shower, then get ready for bed. I scroll on social media. I think back to the guy at the coffee shop. So many questions, does he even go to UCF? Does he play a sport? What is his major? Is he smart? Forget it. I'm gonna try to go to sleep instead of thinking about cute guy who I probably will never see again.