SPECIAL - 4

Yoongi's POV

I had been enjoying the tranquility of our movie night, the soft glow of the TV casting gentle shadows around the room.

Y/N was nestled comfortably against me, and for a while, it was easy to forget the turmoil that had clouded our lives recently.

The softness of her hair against my chin and the steady rise and fall of her breathing were comforting.

But then, out of nowhere, a question bubbled up from my mind...one I hadn't fully prepared to ask, but felt necessary. "Hey, Y/N, were there any cameras in your old apartment?"

The words slipped out before I had a chance to fully think them through. I could see her stiffen slightly, her body tensing as she processed the question. Her gaze shifted to meet mine, and I could read the confusion and trepidation in her eyes. My heart tightened; I knew this question might open up old wounds, but something inside me was demanding answers.

"Yes," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "There were cameras in the living room. Why do you ask?"

Her response only deepened the weight of the moment. The living room—where everything had gone so wrong.

My thoughts raced as I tried to gauge how much I could reveal, how to navigate this delicate conversation.

The last thing I wanted was to cause her further pain, but I needed to understand if there was something I could do.

"I was just thinking..." I began, struggling to find the right words. "About what happened in that apartment. I know it must have been incredibly hard for you, and I was wondering if you ever saw anything on those cameras."

Y/N's reaction was immediate...her eyes filled with a mixture of dread and sadness.

She looked away, and I could see the anguish in her face.

I hated seeing her like this, but I felt a growing urgency to address the issues head-on. The fact that there were cameras meant there could be footage, footage that might shed light on what had happened.

"I didn't really check the cameras," she admitted, her voice trembling. "I tried to avoid thinking about it. But... I knew something was off. I just... didn't want to confront it directly."

The pain in her voice cut deep, and I could sense how much she had tried to protect herself from reliving those moments. I wanted to comfort her, to tell her that she wasn't alone, but I also needed to ensure that whatever had happened, we would face it together.

"I'm sorry," I said softly, my voice laced with genuine regret. "I didn't mean to bring up painful memories. I just thought that if there was something we needed to do or if there was any way I could help, I should know."

Her hand reached out to mine, and the touch was both a relief and a grounding force. I squeezed her hand gently, trying to convey my support and understanding. "Thank you for asking," she said, her voice barely audible. "It means a lot that you care. I just don't want to relive it, but I appreciate that you're here for me."

Her gratitude warmed my heart, and I felt a deep resolve to be there for her no matter what. "Of course," I said, my voice steady. "We'll face it together, whatever it is. If you ever want to talk about it, or if there's anything you need, just let me know. I'm here for you."

As she leaned into me, I could feel the weight of the world lifting slightly.

The comfort of her presence, the shared understanding of our struggles...these things made the burden easier to bear. In this moment, I wanted nothing more than to provide her with the peace and safety she deserved.