something worth holding onto

The door chimes, and I look up to see Yoongi walking in.

His smile is gentle as he approaches, but there's a hint of concern in his eyes when he sees my expression.

"Hey, Y/N," he says softly as he sits down across from me. "You okay?"

I let out a deep sigh, feeling the weight of everything pressing down on me. "Honestly? No, not really."

Yoongi leans forward, his eyes never leaving mine. "What happened?"

I hesitate, the words catching in my throat, but I know I can trust him.

He's been there for me through so much already.

"Last night... it was bad, Yoongi," I begin, my voice shaky.

"Jungkook came home drunk, more than usual. He was completely out of it, but that didn't stop him from... from going all over me. He was aggressive, pulling me around, forcing himself on me. It was like he didn't even see me as a person, just something to use."

Yoongi's expression darkens, his jaw tightening as he listens. "Y/N, that's not okay. You shouldn't have to go through that, ever."

I shake my head, trying to hold back the tears that threaten to spill.

"I know. But it's like he's not even the same person anymore. He's so mean, Yoongi, so cruel. He said things—horrible things. He blamed me for the miscarriage, said it was my fault he cheated, that I wasn't enough."

Yoongi's hand reaches across the table, gently covering mine. "Y/N, none of that is your fault. You know that, right? Jungkook's just trying to push his guilt onto you because he can't face his own mistakes."

I nod, feeling a mixture of relief and sadness at his words. "I know, deep down, but it still hurts. I can't keep doing this, Yoongi.

I can't keep living like this."

He squeezes my hand gently, his voice filled with quiet determination. "You don't have to. I've been thinking about this, and I think it's time you got out of that apartment. There's a place I know, near your work. It's nice, quiet, and it could be a fresh start for you. I know the landlord, and I'm sure they'd be willing to rent it to you."

The idea of leaving, of finally getting out of that toxic environment, fills me with a sense of hope I haven't felt in a long time. "Do you really think I can do it? Just leave everything behind?"

Yoongi's gaze is steady, filled with a warmth that makes me believe in myself. "I know you can. You deserve to be in a place where you can heal, where you can breathe without constantly looking over your shoulder. And you don't have to do it alone. I'll help you every step of the way."

Tears well up in my eyes, but this time, they're tears of gratitude. "Thank you, Yoongi. I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiles softly, squeezing my hand once more before letting go. "You don't have to find out. We'll get through this together."

As I sit there, the thought of sneaking out of Jungkook's apartment no longer feels like a distant fantasy. It feels possible, like the first step toward reclaiming my life. With Yoongi's support, I know I have the strength to do it.

Yoongi's suggestion echoes in my mind. "You don't have to. I've been thinking about this, and I think it's time you got out of that apartment. There's a place I know, near your work. It's nice, quiet, and it could be a fresh start for you. I know the landlord, and I'm sure they'd be willing to rent it to you" he'd said, his voice gentle but firm.

"You deserve to be in a place where you can heal, where you can breathe without constantly looking over your shoulder. And you don't have to do it alone. I'll help you every step of the way."