Moms friend

NOAH(talking to himself): come on, come on, come on any moment now. I'll get a letter back from him any moment now. (impatient)

Noah eagerly waits for the arrival of the mail boat, anticipating a letter from Michael. As the boat docks, the mail is delivered to the big boat, yet there is no letter for Noah. Disappointment washes over him, and he can't help but wonder if he has somehow upset Michael, leading to his decision not to correspond. This thought weighs heavily on Noah, but he chooses to set it aside and instead channels his emotions into writing another heartfelt letter to Michael, hoping to bridge the divide between them. (The lights come on, on Michael's side and down on Noah's) you see Micheal's mom and her friend having afternoon tea in her sitting room.

FRIEND: not to sound ungrateful but I'm curious why did you invite me over today?

MICHEAL'S MOM: Oh well, you see... can I ask you something?

Her friend looks at her with curiosity as Micheal's mom looks down and takes a sip of her tea.

FRIEND: why of course you can ask me anything.

MICEAL'S MOM: you see Micheal's friend Noah from America is coming here to Britain as he no
longer feels safe due to the towers in New York...

FRIEND: well that's a good thing isn't it the boy doesn't have many friends even less now that your husband is... ( she takes a sip of her tea) but anyway why do bring it up?

MICHEAL'S MOM: I know that Michael will be thrilled and overjoyed to see Noah again I mean he is very excited, but I can't help but think that he won't spend as much time with me, that I'm losing my baby boy like I lost his father. I was okay with the letters, as I could still spend time with him, especially now without my husband. Michael was always closer to his father. He really looked up to him and in some ways so did I. I could always rely on him to cheer me up and say something reassuring we always got through things together, but now that he's not here, it feels like all around me are nothing but huge losses.... ( she looks down the tears streaming out of her eyes)

FRIEND: I'm sorry that you're going through such a hard time, but everything will be okay. And if this person "Noah" attempts to steal Micheal, do you really believe that he would allow it? he loves you you're his mother. You have a wonderful child, and I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

MICHEAL'S MOM: I know you're right but it's still difficult everything has been since his passing. I miss him so much and I know Micheal does to its been so hard thank you so much for being here.

She says wiping her tears away.

FRIEND: it's no issue at all if you need me I'll be there I promise. Now let's finish our tea in a happier mood

She says smiling and Micheal's mother nods in agreement and smiles back at her.

Lights go down on Micheal's side and back up a
On Noah's. (sitting room gets switched back to Micheal's room)