Open up

MICHAELS MOM: Wait, don't bother him right now. He's sleeping. Just come back later or wait for him to come out!

The curtain rose slowly and Noah's arms went slack, and his belongings tumbled from his grasp as he embraced Michael. At first, Michael was slightly taken aback, but then he returned the hug with equal intensity. They stood locked in the embrace for a brief moment, oblivious to everything around them. Meanwhile, on stage left, Michael's mother was visibly displeased, crossing her arms and wearing a pout on her face.

NOAH: it's so good to see you

MICHAEL: and hear your voice

As they pulled away from the hug, tears of joy welled up in their eyes. Noah reached out, holding in his hand the letter he had carefully written.

NOAH: Here is my last letter to you as they won't be needed anymore.

Michael eagerly grabs the letter from Noah's hand and a smile lights up his face as he gazes at it. Suddenly, a thought strikes him, and he reaches under his pillow to retrieve a letter. With a touch of solemnity, he hands it over to Noah. They both take a moment to read through the letters, silently acknowledging that their cherished tradition has come to an end. As they exchange looks, a bittersweet smile creeps across Michael's face as he meets Noah's gaze.

MICHAEL: Here let's open them together on the count of three.

Noah nods

NOAH: one...

MICHAEL: two...

NOAH: three...