UNCF-Evening of Stars

[The following day]

Toni woke up drenched in sweat from a wet dream. Babyface invaded her dreams last night and had her doing things that she refused to speak out loud.

Everyone except Tamar slept over today to attend the UNCF Evening of Stars event. So, Toni decided to get up, wash her face, brush her teeth, and eat a small breakfast.

Toni: Smells like mommy is cooking something good downstairs.

Toni put her on robe in the bathroom and went downstairs. The girls were already downstairs talking amongst themselves in a corner with Diezel.

Toni: Mornin' guys.

Diezel: Mornin' ma.

Towanda: Hey Tone. How did you sleep?

Traci: Yeah. You were moaning and talking in your sleep, but we didn't want to wake you up.

Tamar: Dang I missed it! Did she say a man's name?

Toni: No! It was um a bad dream.

Trina: If that's the case, I had a bad dream with Idris Elba last night.

Trina and Towanda were laughing and high-fiving each other.

Towanda: Okay! The bad part was that we didn't-

Toni: My son is sitting right in front of you!

Towanda: My bad.

Traci: Nephew go play with the rest of your cousins in the living room, so grown folks can talk.

Diezel: Okay. Bye!

Tamar: But who was with you yesterday when I called you?

Toni: Huh!

Tamar: Toni Michele Braxton. Huh means you heard my questions! Spill the tea and all the honey that's in it.

Toni (avoiding eye contact): No one.

Trina: I forgot to tell you that Babyface called last night when you fell asleep. Apparently you forgot to call him when you got home.

Toni automatically closed her eyes and licked her lips.

Tamar: I know that look. You and Kenny knocking boots T?

Traci: Oooh. Look at her turning red.

Trina: Yaaass Tone. Let him lay it down.

Toni began to laugh.

Toni: It's not what you think at all. All we did was talk.

Tamar: Ya'll talked alright, with ya'll hands and mouth!

Towanda: Tamar!

Tamar: Look at her! She's not even denying it. She looking for her phone to call the man.

Toni: Shut up! Ugh!

Towanda: Damn! He must've done something for you to be grunting at us like that.

Toni: Whatever. Eat and start getting ready. I wanna walk the red carpet tonight with Denim and Diezel. They're my dates for tonight.

Towanda: Okay. Let us know when you're ready. Tamar's leaving to go and get ready.

Tamar: See ya'll later.

Five hours later...

Toni and the boys have already walked the red carpet. Toni got many compliments for her always risky dress. However, this one in particular had eyes following her every move.