Walo

The front door creaks open, and Jennie stands in the living room, nervously adjusting her shirt as she waits for Lisa to come in. She's been on edge for the past few days—Lisa's short replies, her coldness, and the constant uncertainty gnawing at her. The apartment feels unusually still, almost suffocating, as if holding its breath for what's about to come.

Lisa steps inside, suitcase rolling behind her, her expression tired. Jennie's heart skips a beat at the sight of her. Lisa looks the same—beautiful and strong—but there's something in her eyes that unsettles Jennie. That usual warmth is gone, replaced by an exhaustion Jennie can't quite place. For a moment, Jennie feels her guilt flare up again, knowing she invited Kai over, knowing Lisa trusted her. The guilt is eating her alive, but it's nothing compared to the look on Lisa's face.Lisa glances at Jennie, forcing a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. Jennie steps forward, arms open to welcome her back.

"Hey... you're home. I missed you." Jennie said barely a whisper.

Lisa's eyes linger on Jennie, studying her face for a moment longer than usual. The hurt, the weight of everything she's kept inside for so long, threatens to spill over. But Lisa, as always, pushes it down. She steps into Jennie's embrace, her arms loosely wrapping around her waist.

"I missed you too." Lisa's voice is soft but detached, like she's saying the words out of habit.Jennie pulls back slightly, looking into Lisa's eyes, searching for something familiar. But all she finds is distance, a wall Lisa seems to have built overnight.

"Are you okay? You seem... off." Jennie press.

Lisa smiles, but it's hollow. She brushes a strand of hair behind Jennie's ear, her fingers lingering on her skin for a moment too long, as if memorizing the touch. She wants to say she's not okay, that her heart is breaking every second she stands here, pretending everything is fine. But instead, she swallows the pain.

"I'm fine, really. Just tired from the trip." She moves away, pulling her suitcase toward the bedroom. "I need to unpack."

Jennie watches her walk away, that gnawing feeling in her stomach only growing stronger. Something is wrong—really wrong—and it's written all over Lisa's face. Jennie follows her, hesitating at the bedroom door.

"Lisa... you don't seem fine. You know you can talk to me, right?"

Lisa pauses, her back to Jennie, her fingers frozen on the zipper of her suitcase. For a moment, she almost tells her everything. About the pain. About knowing. About watching Jennie betray her and pretending she didn't. But then she shakes her head, pushing the tears back, and continues unpacking.

"I'm okay, Jennie. I just need some time to rest." Lisa forces another smile, turning around. "Don't worry about me."

But Jennie does worry. She stands there, watching Lisa move through the room like a ghost of the person she used to know. The coldness, the distance—it's all becoming too much to ignore. Jennie's guilt starts to choke her.

"Let me help you unpack. You don't have to do this alone." Jennie said, still trying to have a conversation.

Lisa looks at her, the words almost breaking her. Alone. She's been alone in this relationship for months, silently watching Jennie slip away, knowing she's not the only one in Jennie's life anymore. She swallows the lump in her throat and shakes her head.

"It's okay. I can handle it." Lisa said tiredly

Jennie frown "Lisa, you're not okay." as takes a step closer, voice breaking "Talk to me, please."