Tallopulo Ket Innem

As the night grew quieter in Jennie's hospital room, the rhythmic hum of the machines filled the space. Lisa sat in a chair by the bedside, her eyes fixated on Jennie's sleeping form. Jennie looked so fragile, her face pale from the toll her body had taken, but at least she was resting. Lisa's mind swirled with memories—of the past, of what they had, and the pain that lingered between them.

Jennie stirred slightly in her sleep, her brow furrowing as if caught in a restless dream. Lisa watched closely, leaning forward, concerned. Then, Jennie's breathing became more erratic, her face twisted in distress. Soft, broken words escaped her lips, barely audible at first.

"Lisa... don't leave me... please..." Jennie mumbled, her voice filled with desperation.

Lisa's heart clenched. Jennie's words were filled with pain, and Lisa could feel it cut through her. Jennie's cries became more frantic as she whimpered Lisa's name again. Her eyes were still closed, tears slipping down her cheeks.

"Jennie..." Lisa whispered, reaching out to gently shake her. "Jennie, wake up. It's just a dream."

Jennie jolted awake, gasping as her eyes flew open, her cheeks stained with tears. She looked disoriented for a moment before her gaze landed on Lisa. Without hesitation, Jennie lunged forward, wrapping her arms tightly around Lisa, sobbing uncontrollably into her chest.

"Please, Lisa... don't leave me," Jennie cried, her voice trembling. "I can't do this without you. I'll die if you leave me again... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..."

Lisa froze for a moment, overwhelmed by the raw emotion pouring from Jennie. She could feel the weight of Jennie's words pressing against her chest, the vulnerability in her voice tugging at her heart. Gently, she wrapped her arms around Jennie, pulling her closer.

"I'm here, Jennie," Lisa whispered, her voice soft but steady. "I'm not leaving. You're going to be okay."

Jennie tightened her grip on Lisa, burying her face deeper into her shoulder. "I don't deserve you, I don't deserve this... but please don't go. I can't keep living like this, pretending I'm okay when I'm not."

Lisa's heart broke as Jennie's sobs grew heavier. She stroked Jennie's hair, her own eyes filling with unshed tears. This was the side of Jennie she hadn't seen—the depth of her regret, the pain she had buried deep inside. Lisa could feel every bit of it in Jennie's shaking body.

"I don't know what to say," Lisa whispered after a long pause. "It's all so complicated... but I'm not going to leave you. You're not alone, okay? But we need to talk about everything. I don't want to see you like this anymore, Jennie."

Jennie pulled back slightly, looking up at Lisa with tear-filled eyes, her voice barely a whisper. "I'll do anything. I just don't want to lose you completely. I'll change. I'll be better. Just... stay with me."

Lisa sighed, her mind racing. This was the Jennie she had loved, the one she had always known was inside somewhere, struggling beneath the guilt and pain. But the scars of the past ran deep, for both of them.

"We need to take this one step at a time," Lisa said softly, her hand cupping Jennie's cheek, wiping away her tears. "Right now, you need to focus on getting better. We'll figure out the rest, I promise. But we can't keep pretending everything will be okay if we don't face the truth."

Jennie nodded, her eyes searching Lisa's for reassurance. "I'll do whatever it takes. I can't lose you. Please... just stay."

Lisa pressed her forehead against Jennie's, letting out a slow breath. "I'll stay tonight. But after this... we need to have a real conversation about what we're going to do. This can't go on like it has."