Chapter 33

Javier's Pov

I couldn't help but steal glances at her from the corner of my eye throughout the ride back home. She was quiet, avoiding any eye contact with me and she seemed uncomfortable.

What should I make of this?

Does my presence affect her just like hers affects me?

Does her heart race like hell like mine races for her right now?

After my realization that I've fallen in love with her, I can't help but stare at her every now and then I can't stop thinking about her no matter what I do. She's always in my head and I want to do nothing but confess the way I feel to her and give her a passionate kiss. But I worry if this feeling is one sided.

Soon we arrived home, Juan opened the door for her. It feels so good to be home. We both made our way inside, but came to a halt when we saw everyone standing few feet away from the door, as if waiting for us the whole time - the housekeepers, nanny Penelope, Natalia. And Juan who joined them immediately.

"Papa! Mama!" Natalia said, running to us.

I lifted her up into my arms where she gave me a big hug and a big kiss on my cheek which I returned. She outstretched her hand and brought Daniella closer to join the hug. Her closeness to me made my heart skip a beat. I felt a sudden sensation traveled through my arm from where her hand touched mine as I held Natalia.

One would think she felt it too because she immediately pulled her hand away, and I could swear I saw her cheek turn red.

Did she just get flustered by our touch?

I wonder.

She went over to Penelope who hugged her and kissed her hands. Penelope sure did miss her that much, relief evident in her overall expression.

"You have no idea how worried I was." Penelope said with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry I made you worry, I'm here now alright?" Daniella said, hugging her.

Penelope eyes fell on me, but she looked away. I take it she's still mad at me.

"Why don't you freshen up and come down for lunch?" Penelope suggested, pulling out of the hug.

"Sure." Daniella said, giving her a big smile before making her way upstairs with Natalia who left me to follow her.

I looked at Penelope and made to talk to her but she walked away, I hate that she's mad at me and I deserve it.

"Still mad at you?" Juan asked. I forgot he's still here.

"I suppose." I said with a sigh.

If Penelope is this mad with me for keeping this secret from her, will Daniella be this mad too?

"Don't worry, she'll come around. The Penelope I know can't stay upset with you forever, she'll forgive you. Just give her some time." Juan was reassuring, I just nodded to it.

Speaking of which, I haven't even said a proper thank you to him for rescuing Natalia and Daniella. I owe him a lot.

"Thank you for everything, a million fortune can't be enough to repay you for what you have done for me." I said, sincerely.

"Come on now, my friend, you embarrass me. All I've done, I did it because you all are my family. If you want to repay me, then be open about your feelings to Mrs Ruiz before it's too late." He said with a small pat on my shoulder before he walked away.