Chapter 4: hospital

Charlotte and Marjorie quickly run inside the hospital, not bringing Carly with them incase they hurt her anymore then she already is.

After about 10 minutes of Marjorie shouting at the very few nurses and Charlotte becoming even more distressed the nurses came out with a rolling stretcher and put the unconscious girl on it.

------

The waiting room was quiet. Too quiet. Charlotte didn't like it. Thank God her children we're at their dads this week.

Charlotte turned her head to look at Marjorie, the shorter woman had fallen asleep on Charlotte's shoulder. Charlotte was glad Marjorie was able to find some comfort the same could not be said about her however. She debated calling Sorscha just so she'd have a friend to talk to but Sorscha was also close to Carly so that was out of the question.

Then it hit her.

How would she tell her colleagues and friends if Carly did die? Hell how is she gonna tell them if she survives. The fact that she was in this place was bad enough. Charlotte might send out a text, too scared to tell them in person. Too much of a coward to give them the decency.

Charlotte yawned, she was tired. She debated falling asleep, her head would be gently placed on Marjorie's if she decided to however she could not. In case Carly woke up.

The nurses were not telling her anything which frustrated her and she had half a mind to go up there and yell at them until they gave her what she wanted. She knew that would not work and might make it worse.

Charlotte look at Marjorie, her calm and peaceful face she looked a bit like a child while sleeping. Charlotte gave her a peck on the forehead to comfort both herself and Marjorie.

The taller girl started playing with her phone case trying to calm her nerves.

Carly would be okay.. right? Maybe.. or maybe not. Charlotte didn't know. She might not know for the next day, week or maybe even month. But she didn't care as long as Carly was okay then she did not care.

One of the nurses came up to her, his gloves were bloody. Carly must have started bleeding again. Hopefully not too much though.

The nurse was about 5'9, he had quite a big bushy beard that could barely be covered by the mask he was wearing.

His eyes were soft as if he was scared to upset her although he did not have the same sadness in his eyes he would if Carly had died. This gave Charlotte some much needed hope.

The man began to speak, "The girl is fine. We've stopped the bleeding although the cuts on her legs arms and face are likely to leave some big scars, we're doing everything we can to help. She will hopefully wake up soon as well she's been mumbling so hopefully she's going to wake up in the next hour."

Charlotte's face lit up. Carly was going to be alright. And that was enough for her to yawn and finally fall asleep.

___________

THIS ONE IS SHORT AF SORRY BUT IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS THIS WAS ORIGINALLY ONLY GONNA BE ONE CHAPTER BUT TURNED IT INTO MORE OUT OF BOREDOM, THE NEXT FEW ARE GONNA BE SHORT SO I DONT BURN MYSELF OUT, ILY GUYS <3