Chapter 5: Carly!

Small warning for mention of minor SA anything the end, its nothing too bad and is only mentioned once.

Btw I have a discord server now so if you wanna join the link is:

https://discord.gg/PdVaDP7X

___________

Marjorie wakes up with Charlotte leaning her head on her own. The chubby woman smile softly and the taller one.

"Char?" Marjorie speaks softly

"Noooo" Charlotte pulls Marjorie tighter to her. It reminded the woman of how Reece is when it's time to get up.

"Yesss" Marjorie snickered, Charlotte was always like a sister to her.

"Fine." Charlotte yawns, standing up. "By the way the nurse said Carly is gonna be alright."

"Really!? This is so amazing!!" Marjorie squealed standing up and embracing Charlotte tightly.

They got a few weird looks from people surrounding them but they didn't care one bit. Carly was going to be alright.

Just then Marjorie got a call from Reece.

"Hello my love" Marjorie speaks into the phone.

"Heyyyy.. uhmm Carly's mum just texted me apparently she hasn't been able to get into contact with you but apparently Carly didn't come home yesterday."

"Shit.. I forgot to call Carly's mum!" Marjorie said, a bit panicked.

"Call her about what?" Reece asked confused.

"Carly tried to take her life yesterday" Marjorie said without thinking.

"What." Reece said in a voice mixed with anger, fear and sadness.

"Sorry! I meant to tell you earlier!" She hadn't, she was gonna try to keep it hidden.

"I'm going to the hospital right now. Is she alright?" Marjorie could hear Reece begin to pack up some stuff that was in his office.

"The nurses said she'll be fine but have some scarring.." Marjorie said sadly.

"How.. did she try to take it?"

"She jumped of Warrans bridge."

"That bridge is in the middle of the forest! How did you find her!?" Reece replied he could be heard messing around with some keys, presumably his car keys.

"She left a note and said where she'd be."

"Okay... I'll be there in twenty five.." he hangs up

_________

Reece quickly called his sister, he was trying desperately to not start crying while on the phone but somehow Autumn could always tell.

No matter how small it was Autumn could always tell when he's upset and he hated it.

His sister decided she would come with him for 'moral' support although Reece suspected it may be because she too cared about Carly although he did not have anything to prove it.

__________

Autumn was waiting outside the Knight nursery her expression just as unreadable as always.

Reece pulled up five minutes later, trying not to cry still but as soon as he saw Autumn and turned off the engine the tears started flowing, he was unable to control it.

Autumn unsure of what to do in this uncomfortable situation put her hand on her brother's shoulder lightly and smiled and when that didn't work she let out an exasperated sigh and pulled him in for a tight hug. The first real hug they had in years atleast 27 Reece thought, he could never pinpoint why she stopped hugging him, perhaps it was puberty or perhaps she had been touched too many times by boys around the same age with bad intentions. Reece didn't know and he might never but for now he wanted to savor the feeling and so he rested his head on the girl's shoulder and sobbed quietly.