Reunion and Friendships

1st August 1616
↬"𝑊𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑆𝑎𝑘𝑢𝑟𝑎 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑜. 𝑈𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦, 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢... 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑. 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑏𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢..." 𝐻𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑚𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑤 𝑆𝑎𝑘𝑢𝑟𝑎 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑎. "𝐼 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒..." 𝐻𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑟𝑘.↫

>>>>>>>>

1st July 1616

Today was the day I had been waiting for. I had done everything I could. I trained everything I could alone. I had some help with the theory thanks to Takeo-san, but the rest I did myself. I was proud of myself. I knew that I had a good chance of passing the Chunin exams. I got up at 6 am. I wanted to be fully rested today. I did my basic daily routine of exercise and a morning run. I then had breakfast at 8 am. I started reading my book and solved some equations.

At 11 a.m., I stopped studying. I went downstairs and checked all my stuff. I had packed 10 days' worth of survival supplies. Food pills, packed and dried food that lasts up to 3 or 4 days. I put on all my gear. I made sure I had packed everything and checked at least 10 times. I then put my hair into a ponytail. I didn't want it to come into my eyes. I packed a few extra rubber bands just in case. I double-checked everything and then carefully put the form for the Chunin exams into a scroll. I placed the scroll into my secret pocket in my trousers. I sealed my lunchbox into another scroll and put it in my main pocket.

I headed out to meet Ino in the park. We both had decided to eat lunch together and chat before the chunin exams. I was in a good mood today.

>>>>>>>>

Ino was nervous, but so was I. However, both of us were also filled with excitement at the thought of becoming a chunin. We both were standing in front of the building for the chunin exams. She saw her team already there. She took her leave while wishing me good luck. I wished her back and then started waiting for my teammates to show up. I was mentally preparing myself for my teammates' arrival. I saw Ino and her teammates heading inside first.

Finally, I saw Sasuke arrive first. He was walking nonchalantly, but from the slight twitch in his eyes, I could see that he was nervous and excited too. He just nodded his head and greeted me, "Hn." I greet him back, "Hey." We didn't say anything else and just waited for Naruto to arrive. Sasuke met me after a whole month, and all he had to say was 'Hn'? I guess that's all I was worth to him. I might not have a crush on him anymore, but I felt that it was cold, even for him, to not even say hey after knowing that I almost died.

We had to wait a few more minutes before Naruto had arrived. "Oh hey, Sakura-chan! Are you okay now? Kakashi-sensei said that you took a leave this month to recover. How ya feeling?" He greeted with enthusiasm, choosing to ignore Sasuke. "Hey, Naruto. Yup, I was recovering. I'm feeling a bit nervous but more excited about the chunin exams." I replied with a smile. "How about your health? I heard that you were almost spiked to death! Did you trip and fall off the cliff?" He asked with curiosity. "I... No, I didn't trip and fall." I was a bit offended that he would think I would trip and fall to death. I'm not that clumsy. "And, I'm fine. All my injuries are healed." I tried to reply with a bright smile, but only a small smile showed up on my face. It seems that it was enough for him. I was about to ask him if anything interesting happened while I was gone, but he just started blabbering about the training he did and how awesome he was.