Pilot

It was morning in the Gallagher house, and that means one thing for sure: complete chaos.

Fiona is awake bright early, exhausted but with a will to pull through. She is the pillar of the family. Without her, the house would crumble along with everyone that lives there. It is a heavy burden she has, but one she has carried nonetheless over the years.

With practiced ease she starts her morning routine, walking through the hallway while she picks dirty laundry on the floor.

"Seven fifty monkeys", she yells coming to a stop next to the boys' dorm.

To no one's surprise, Nick is already up doing his morning exercise. Meanwhile, his brothers are groaning , reluctant to get out of bed.

"Hey Fi", greets the shirtless boy in between grunts.

"How many pull-ups have you done yet?", she asks impressed.

"Getting to fifty", he says a bit breathless.

"Good job", are her last words uttered before she goes on to her duties.

Ian peeks an eye open and lets a moment pass to adjust to the brightness of the world.

Nick notices.

"You know, if you want to get into West Point you need to join me more mornings."

Ian groans, "That is an unachievable goal, nobody can keep up with your stamina".

"I bet Melanie could", he counters with a massive smirk.

"Ew, you're a dog. Don't talk about my best friend like that", the redhead complains.

"Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't talk about my future wife like that".

"Keep dreaming, is free after all, so we Gallaghers can afford that at least", calls out Lip from the top bunk.

"Very funny", says the older twin with a roll of his eyes.

"Wasn't trying to be", retorts the younger boy.

Downstairs, everyone gathers around the table to pay their part of the bills, a responsibility the father of the family has been neglecting for a long time.

"Electric", Ian says passing the box to the black-haired boy.

Nick grabs the box and puts the money he has gathered working in the gym. He tried to quit school last year to apply full time, he has loyal clients who like to be trained by him, prefer even. But her sister immediately put a stop to it. His dream has always been to get into the police academy, and that requires a basic education. A side of him is grateful and feels very supported. But another side, an irrational one, feels guilty. He wished he could take some of Fiona's responsibilities and carry their burden for her, so she could relax more, but he knows she wouldn't allow it.

"I'll be damned if I ruin your future. I'm fine. And you will be the best cop the Southside has ever seen. That is far more relaxing to me than having a bit of useless free time", she always reassures him.

Next to him, he watches diverted as Debbie fakes his dad's signature for Ian's permission slip.

"That's really getting good", Lip complements her.

"I need something for show and tell", Debbie says with an adorable pleading look.

"Mr Yublonski left his prosthetic leg in his yard again", Lip suggests.

"I've got some spunky boxer shorts in my room", Ian adds laughing.

Fiona whacks him on the back of his head in response.