Aunt Ginger

The teacher's speech was mere background noise for Melanie. Her hands moved fast as she wrote the numbers of her last deals. She had to make some calls on the lunch break, she noted in the back of her mind.

A loud thud next to her caught her attention. Her red-head best friend noticed their teacher preying on the Milkovich sisters, and he would not allow it.

Realizing what happened, she sent a grateful look his way and checked to see if her sister was okay after the whole ordeal.

When the bell rang signaling the end of the class, she gathered her things in her bag before heading to the maze made of hallways.

Once outside, she wasted no time taking her cell out and dialing the correct phone numbers. After hanging up on another of her workers, she saw Nick Gallagher walking to her in quick strides.

"Milkovich!", he called out.

Sprinting the rest of the way, he finally stood in front of her.

"You okay? Ian told me what that sick old man did to you and Madeline".

"First of all, it's Mandy. Second of all, that 'sick old man' as you kindly put it, is my teacher", she sighed before continuing, "But yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing I'm not used to by now".

"Well, you shouldn't get used to anything. You can choose between two options. We go together to the principal's office and report that disgusting pedophile, or, I go right now to his classroom and fuck him up. The last one is my favorite, if you ask me".

"I appreciate that, really. But I don't need this right now. I'm focused on other shit. And you are definitely not going to touch a hair on his head, are we clear? Can't have Mr. Future Officer with a stain in his record", she told him.

"Are you joking? This kinda of stuff is heroic, this earns you respect in the academy", he retorted.

"Oh, so I'm just a means to an end, got it", she joked.

"What?! No, no, that's- you're not, alright? Your well-being is more important than any other shit", he said with a serious look on his face.

"Gallagher, I was joking. Why don't we just forget it? Let's head inside and eat lunch. It's getting windy now", she took hold of his arm, ignoring his protests, and led him inside their high school.

"So what's the deal with Ian Gallagher?", questioned her sister as they made their way back home.

"What do you mean?", asked Melanie confused.

"Have you ever guys fucked?", inquired blunty the oldest girl.

"Omg, ew, no! What gave you that impression?", she responded disgusted at the mere suggestion.

"I figured you didn't, but one never knows. Anyways, you are too whipped for his older brother", Mandy sighed, "I'm interested in Ian. And it's a great pick too. Think about it, each one of us in the arms of a Gallagher brother, we could be like sisters!", she exclaimed.

"But Mandy, we are already sisters", sometimes she couldn't believe what came out of the blue-eyed girl's mouth.

"You get what I mean".

"I don't think this is a good idea", she scrambled in her mind to find good excuse, well aware of the main reason this could go very wrong. But, of course, she couldn't reveal her best friend's secret, so she settled on. "Ian is my best friend, and if you guys break up, and someone gets hurt, I would feel obligated to choose a side. And I can't do that".

"Don't be selfish. Gallagher's a great kid, a gentleman, even. Do you know how rare it is to find one in the Southside? You already got lucky with Nick. But I think Ian and I could form a bond. I need to explore this".