B1: Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running through the castle halls, giggles bounce off the walls as the small child plays around. The little child smiling brighter than a thousand suns, unaware of the future ahead of it. An older looking woman emerges from another room.

The woman said something, what did she say? The mouth is moving and noises are coming out, but nothing could be deciphered. Whatever she said, she said in an endearingly and gentle tone. The child seemed to react to it with even more giggles and smiles.

Suddenly the child's giggles are quieted when the woman reaches into her pocket to get something, she pulls out a necklace adorned with a moonstone charm. ''Ato amat, inespal. Allos osileis no athy aeklav aj sadhup. Atsium ania, atte niin nauak nuk telo assole, noknuj amliaam iov ania allo ipmaakkrik. Sotiik, atte naas allo nunis isitia, natsakar aunis Noemi'' (Take this, my child. For your soul is light and pure. Always remember, that as long as you are alive, someone's world could always be brighter. Thank you, that I get to be your mother, I love you Noemi)

The child, no, Noemi looks up at her mother with love, as her memory sharpens and her mother's face is seen again. That soft loving look she always gave her, her mother puts the necklace around her neck and reaches to cup Noemi's cheek with her hand. Her fingers trace every feature with love like no other. ''Num sakar, telo sinuak.'' (My love, you are beautiful.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noemi wakes up slowly to the smell of burnt eggs. She figures it's most likely the dwarves trying to cook, she should go make herself something as well. Taking her things and jumping down from the beam only to be met with dwarves with surprised faces at her sudden appearance. She just stands there a bit confused at the looks she received. ''So that's where you were! We all though you had just left!'' Kili exclaimed with a mouth full of bread.

She couldn't help but laugh at the sight of 13 dwarves and a hobbit looking like deers caught in the middle of a road with mouths full of bread and burnt eggs. ''So this is where that smell was coming from! No wonder. I did make a promise of accompanying you, did I not?'' She says with a smirk before going into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast as well.

The atmosphere was quite lively, but it was rather comforting. The sound of a couple eggs cracking, the sound of fire crackling and the sound of something cooking filled the kitchen. The smell of the eggs wafting around the room and even going into the dining room. She cuts three pieces of bread to go with the egg while adding some herb from the pouch on her waist strap for more flavor.

It wasn't the grandest of the meals, but it was quite good for a meal prepared in the middle of nowhere and on limited supplies. Noemi takes her food and joins the dwarves in the dining room for more company. ''Aye lass! That looks quite good! I didn't know you could cook!'' The blond bearded dwarf commented as she stepped into the room.

''Thank you Fili. After years of adventuring and such it would be a surprise if I didn't know how to cook.'' She giggled as she sat down next to Bombur, who seemed to be eyeing the food in front of her. The stomach next to her seemed to grumble as she looked at Bombur whose mouth was watering at the sight of her food. She decided to give him one of them since she did make three of them.

Bombur looked surprised but extremely thankful at the gift. ''Thank ya lass!'' He patted her back a couple times, but it seems like he underestimated his strength. Noemi could only look at him a bit weirded out by the gesture but appreciated it anyway.