an unusual, frustrated message

first, i should say hello and thank you to everyone who has managed to get this far. if you're reading this, i'm so grateful you have the patience and dedication to read almost fifty chapters of my work, especially when half the time i didn't know what i was doing. i feel really lucky to have people with similar interests to me consistently interacting with the chapters i post, since i don't share these interests with anyone else where i live in the real world, and it's highly unlikely the foo fighters are going to come play anywhere near me in small town canada. saturdays have become my favourite days of the week - and being able to come back to something as familiar as landry and dave has been a comfort to me ever since i started to develop this story in august of 2022.

it means the world to me. thank you all for being here.

if you've been following the dave grohl related news, i think you can already guess why i'm posting this message. i'm shocked and sickened by his recent actions, and i've been having a hard time processing this because regrettably, i had an image of him in my head that is unfortunately not true. it remains quite difficult for me to process this and i feel deeply hurt. i understand that i didn't even know him or his family and i'm just a fan - i'm sensible enough to know that this is incredibly personal to his family and we should all give them the privacy they deserve. but i still have a wall of foo fighters shit in my room and he took up what felt like a chunk of my life. i feel hurt because what happened was so vile and unexpected compared to the image he puts up/the image i have of him. (and that is one hundred percent on me, btw.)

i'm doing my best to remind myself of the love i have for the rest of the band, and the music, and taylor. i want to be the level of unbothered josh freese is right now at the time of writing posting about christmas, but i can't. jordyn, violet, harper, ophelia, and the unnamed baby girl deserve better. to disrespect virginia's grandchildren is insane, but here we are. (reference unintended.)

as i've already said on the conversations portion of my profile, the idea of writing for dave right now is completely out of the question and i am absolutely disgusted whenever i think about him. if an author is disgusted by their muse, that obviously puts the story about them in jeopardy - and while i'm not discontinuing this story completely, at least not yet, it's extremely likely that this story will not be updated for a long while. i'm rattled by this.

i need to be brutally honest here - i have no idea what the fuck i should do.

i'm sorry. i'm sorry that this happened in the first place, i'm sorry if this message is way too long, i'm sorry about basically everything here. even looking at the words i've written about him makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

no amount of women saying "i hate men" will ever compare to the way that men hate women.

frustrated, saddened, and grossed out,
val ♡