Chapter 9

After Nikki finished the "How her and Victor met" story for the second time, Abby was out like a light and then it didn't take long for Nikki to doze off as well, who fell asleep thinking about how she wished Victor would get back soon so they could talk about their fight and about Abby. She thought * I need my husband...Abby needs her father.* And that is how Victor found them, with Nikki and Abby both asleep. Victor took in the sight before him. The living room was dark besides the low light of the dying fire, Abby, still with her head in Nikki's lap, had snuggled up closer to Nikki and now had a firm grip on the hand that Nikki had draped over her. Victor was delighted and confused by the scene before him. Nikki and Abby both looked so peaceful there on the couch, but he couldn't help wondering how Abby had gotten back to the ranch. Apparently he had missed a lot in the short time he was gone. And although he really wanted to know what was going on and wanted to apologize to his wife, he couldn't bring himself to wake them, most of all Nikki, he loved watching her sleep, he loved her.

A few moments passed by of Victor watching them sleep, before he decided he would head on to bed and Nikki and him would talk in the morning. He made sure both his girls were covered up and placed a kiss on Abby's forehead and then, not being able to resist, placed a kiss on his wife's lips. Glad to see he didn't disturb either one, Victor turned to head upstairs to get ready for bed when he heard a soft whisper, "Victor?" When he turned back he found his wife trying to wake up and make sense of where she was and what was going on.

"Victor," Nikki said again "I was getting worried."

"I'm sorry darling," Victor apologized and was going to continue when they noticed Abby was starting to stir, "How about we put her to bed and then continue this conversation upstairs?" Victor suggested.

"Good idea," Nikki agreed. Then Victor bent down to pick Abby up and Nikki put out the fire then they all headed upstairs.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Once they tucked Abby in and made sure she was good for the night, they headed to their bedroom where Nikki proceeded to explain to Victor what Abby had told her.

"How could I have not known?" Victor sighed as he sat down on the edge of their bed, thinking about what Nikki had just said, and then realizing Nikki was right earlier and he had said all those hurtful things to her. "Oh baby...I'm so sorry," Victor expressed taking both her hands in his pulling her towards him, "You were right earlier...and...and I said all those cruel things to you."

"It's okay darling...It's okay," Nikki said as she closed the distance between them.

"No...no it is not okay...you are my wife...I should never say such hurtful things to you...baby...I swear I didn't mean a word I said...I love you," Victor replied looking up at his wife, begging her with his eyes to forgive him.

"I know baby...I know...I love you," Nikki replied. It was killing her seeing the heartbreak in her husband's face.

"You are my world...I could never live without you...I need you...I love you more than you know," Victor said as he pulled Nikki down for a kiss. Needing to be close to one another, they became completely intoxicated with each other; they forgot about everything else for a few precious moments and then spent the rest of the night wrapped in each other's arms.