Chapter Twentytwo

Clem's POV

Riley offered to gather my things since I was still a nervous wreck and refused to let go of my babies. Tightening my grip on them whenever someone tried to take them from me.

The only time I, reluctantly, let them go was when to put them in car seats that Riley had in her car after she left to go buy them before coming back.

Her mother scolded her for not setting up the car seats right and fixed them herself before the boys were buckled in. She went to her own car and got in while I went into Riley's.

The young teen from earlier also went with her, not saying a word as he got inside her car. Maybe he knows them? He does look a little like Riley, so he's her younger brother?

I'll figure that out later.

Checking on my two sleeping sons as Riley got into the driver seat and put on her seat belt, starting the car.

She didn't say anything on the way to her house, following her mom's car, only glancing over at me from time to time. Not hiding the fact that she was doing so.

It was kind of adorable, seeing her constantly check up on me, but my mind was else were. More focus on the fact that werewolves exist.

I was so deep in through that I didn't notice that we pulled up to a fancy hotel until Riley stopped the car and turned it off.

Snapping my head at her and looking around, I realized that we were at her place. Getting out, Riley helped me get the boys out of the car seats where they woke up upon being moved.

Elijah lifted his head off me as he rubbed his eye while Levi grabbed my hair, his head still laying on my shoulder as he sucked on his pacifier that tapped against my neck.

Riley guided me to the entrance of the giant building where a man in a doorman uniform just standing off to the side bowed his head. "Good day, young master. I see you have brought guests?" He eyed me, looking me up and down.

"Yes. My parents need to have a chat with her. She is also my mate so treat her with respect." His eyes widened and he nodded my head.

Smiling at that, the four of us went inside and took the elevator with Riley pressing the top one. By then, Elijah was fully awake and looking around, keeping a tight hold of me as I carried him. Staring over at Riley who gave a small wave to him.

Elijah's eyes widen and he instantly hid his face into my neck, his grip tightening on me. Riley laugh at his reaction, me as well.

When we reached the top, the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Relieving a very fancy apartment with a tall ceiling and a lot of expensive things all over.

Stepping out into this new place, a man sitting on the couch looked over. His gaze cold as Mrs. McAvoy walked over to him, placing a cup of coffee right in front of him on the table. The teen boy no where in sight.

"So, this is her?" Riley nodded her head, putting a hand into her pocket as Elijah wiggled to be put down. "Yeah, this is her, dad."

The man hummed, looking away and picking up his cup of steaming off coffee. "Then, let's get started."

Riley scratched the back of her head and looked over at me. "This...is gonna take a while." And she was right, after talking for until it was night, I was exhausted and extremely confused. I mean, werewolves? How overwhelming.

Letting out a small sigh as Mrs. McAvoy got up and left to order some takeout, I rubbed the back of my neck.

My gaze shifting over to Elijah and Levi sitting in Mr. McAvoy's lap, their laughter and giggling filling the silent room as they gently pulled on the man's beard or poked at his face.

The second they saw him, they wanted to be in his arms. Squirming in my grip and reaching out to him until he told me it was okay and I set them down next to him. Only for the two to climb on top of him. I made sure to keep a very close eye on the trio.

Feeling slight uncomfortable that a stranger was holding my kids, but there was a deep feeling that I could trust him so I reluctantly did.

Plus, Mr. McAvoy didn't seem to mind the boy's presence, it was easy to tell by the giant smile on his face and his rough chuckle that was loud echoed throughout the penthouse. And the fondness in his eyes was very clear.

Looking over at Riley, she seemed deep in through. Not really noticing anything around her as she rubbed her chin, gently bobbing her foot up and down.

After a moment, she notice my stare and snapped out of it. Turning her head at me and softly smiling.

Hearing the elevator ding behind me and the doors opened, I looked over my shoulder to see two very tall, muscular men come in. One covered in tattoos. "Mom, we're home!"

They strolled in with confidence, quickly noticing me and stopped in their tracks. "Who are you?"

Shifting in my seat uncomfortably, I gave a small wave. My voice soft and anxious. "Hi."

Mr. McAvoy looked up from my sons to the two men. "Aa, boys, this is Clementine Wilson. She's your sister's mate." He turned to me. "Clementine, these are my two eldest boys, Mateo and Axel. They are also werewolves."

Mateo and Axel eyes's narrowed, looking me up and down before they glanced over Elijah and Levi. Smelling the air before their eyes widened. "She was bitten?"

-

Mateo Dean McAvoy

Axel Rose McAvoy