Megalomaniac: Prologue

Kiyotaka POV:

Power

What is Power?

Power is something that all people have at different levels. Power can be referenced to Strength or Authority.

This is what I've wanted ever since I knew about this word. Ever since I started to gain in.

Power is and always has been fascinating to me. I would think that I could potentially have both physical power and political power due to my upbringing.

I was very fortunate to have been born and raised in the White Room. In fact, I thank my father for giving me the chance to become the most powerful. Not that I need him anymore anyway. At first, I would resent my father for putting me in such a hellish environment. Then he asked me a question.

"Kiyotaka, do you know what it's like to have power? Do you know what power is? How does it feel to have it? Once you find out these answers. You will truly appreciate me."

Another thing he told me was that

"To have great power and refuse to use it is something that only a fool would do."

And he was absolutely correct.

With those words, I sought out complete power. Every time they threw something at me, they'd give me a wall to climb, and I climbed those walls. Every single time. All for the pursuit of Absolute Power, to become the most powerful.

Eventually, this wasn't enough to sate my hunger for power. I kept becoming more powerful, to the point I outclassed the very place I was put into by the time I was 8. At that point, I knew mostly every fighting style known to man, and in fact, I started making my own by mixing the best parts of every martial art I knew together.

Eventually, my father decided to test me against a mix of Yakuza, professional fighters, and trained military men.

His orders were to kill or be killed.

So I did what I had to do. Without a weapon, barehanded, I utterly demolished them, killing them all with my bare hands. It was that moment when I felt unstoppable... that I had truly had power. It's so addicting... that feeling that you get once you realize that you're absolutely unbeatable. Oh wait, you probably don't know that feeling. But it's absolutely euphoric.

My potential is limitless, I remember playing against that Chess Supercomputer and winning over and over. I'm so powerful that even machines can't defeat me. No one can reach this height that I'm at. And no one ever will because I will continue to grow and grow until I die.

Let's continue, anyway. My father realized that with my potential, I would be the one to rule Japan in the future, and I will gladly take that offer.

Right now, as I'm thinking to myself, I've been called to meet my father.

I make my way to my father's office, hoping that he's giving me another chance to gain more power.

I walked into my father's office.

"Kiyotaka."

"Yes, father?"

"I have a proposal to make. It will help you on your path to absolute power."

This definitely piqued my interest

"Really now? I'm listening."

The next words that came out of his mouth were definitely unexpected.

"I'm going to enroll you into Advanced Nurturing High School."

"How will going to a high school help me grow at all?"

"It's the reward it gives you for graduating from there."

"What's the reward?"

"A 100% College Entry and Employment rate."

With those words, I knew exactly why he's sending me here.

"You want to send me there for me to have a significantly better chance to become Prime Minister, correct?"

"Indeed, always catching on quick."

"Well, I'll gladly accept. Hopefully, this school isn't boring."

"It's a school for elites. It should be fun for you to toy around with them."

"That does sound fun."

"Alright, Kiyotaka, you are dismissed. Don't disappoint me because this is also to show Sakayanagi that my masterpiece can destroy that school of so-called elites."

"When have I ever disappointed you?"

And with those words, I walk out and go back to training. The school year doesn't start for another 4 months, so I'll just have to be patient.

So what do you guys think? Should I continue this?