1

Aida's POV

"One bottle of Château Margaux 2015 please darling." One of the men sitting at the table remarked.

He was extremely handsome. He sat tall, draped in a black suit and a crisp white shirt tailored to perfection hugged his broad shoulders and muscled arms he hid beneath. His eyes were a deep green, like a forest and his long black curly hair sat in a neat man bun paired nicely with his tapered sides. I gave him my best smile and a sharp nod turning to rush behind the bar as i made my way  to the wine cellar and began scouring through the endless bottles lining the walls searching for his wine.

I liked my job. I worked in Mayfair serving the elites of London. Those whose business reached heights I could never reach. Men whose money made them taller and women who got to literally sit pretty for a living. It was a shame money couldn't buy manners. The one thing in life a lot of the lacked.

"Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay..." I muttered to myself as I searched aimlessly through the endless wine racks. "Ah Bordeaux". I dusted the bottle before rushing back to the table two glasses in tow.

"a bottle of one of our finest wines, the Château Margaux 2015, a vintage wine sourced from the Bordeaux estate who have been producing world class wines since the 17th century" I declared as I showcased the wine to the pair.

"Impressive, what should I expect from it...?" Mr. green eyes inquired as he offered me a dazzling smile as he leaned forward eyes diverting. I felt myself heat, slightly flustered by his brazen look at my breast area "Aida." he finished. Oh...he was reading my name. it sounded beautiful in his baritone voice.

'What to expect" I repeated as I willed myself to focus, glancing at the man sitting opposite him who too held an aura of importance and class. He looked mildly irritated and unimpressed.

"it's a remarkable blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and a touch of Petit Verdot. On the nose, you'll first notice an intense note of blackcurrants, dark cherries, and violets, intertwined with subtle hints of cedar and sweet spices from the oak aging. The palate is beautifully balanced." I explained. The words flowing from my mouth as I filled the two glasses.

"Sounds exquisite. And what would you recommend pairing it with?" he countered his chin coming to rest on his closed hand as the other swirled the wine in the glass, as he glanced up at me.

"it's perfect alongside a classic beef Wellington or a rack of lamb with rosemary and garlic. For a vegetarian option we have a truffle risotto or roasted portobello mushrooms."

"That sounds perfect. I'll have the lamb." I nodded sharply turning quickly to his friend eager to retreat the safety of behind the bar or kitchen, slightly unnerved by his unwavering smoulder

"And for you sir?"

"And I'll take the truffle risotto" he grumbled his voice low and barely audible. I nodded collecting their menus before preparing to make a getaway.

"Your dinner will be with you shortly." And I was gone like the wind back to the safety of behind the bar.