9

I couldn't help but reread her message every five minutes and I definitely couldn't help the smile that graced my face every time I read It.

"Tomasso are you even listening?" my father's voice bellowed from the other end of the conference table. I muttered a quick sorry before switching off my phone and giving him my undivided attention to him as he discussed the next quarter.

"Tonight, Tomasso is hosting an event at the natural history museum to attract more investors. In particular we need him to secure a specific deal with a company we are hoping to merge with in the future. It's time for his first big move as CEO. Our goal over the next quarter is also to polish up his image. Staring with the fact he will be accompanied by a woman to tonight's event. I've already chosen a suitable candid-"

"There is no need I already have one." I interrupted unaffected by the dozens of shocked eyes that turned to look at me.

"You are telling me you have found a woman you are willing to be publicly dedicated to?" my father questioned, disbelief lacing every word.

"Whether I want to be pictured with her is a different matter, but yes I have found a woman."

"Being pictured with her is the main goal of this PR stunt Tomasso."

I raised a hand stopping him.

"She's my partner and whether she wishes to be in the public eye is her choice and I respect her decision."

"Partner? who is this girl?" my father spat failing to hide his dismay at the bomb I had chosen to drop at a company board meeting. He hated being blindsided.

"You'll meet her tonight." I finished as I stood up and gathered my pen and notepad. I made my way to the door before turning to address the room once more.

"I swear to God, if a single image or even her name reaches the media the person or people responsible will pay for it with their jobs."

I slammed the door shut.

I sat in my office staring at the computer screen as the words and numbers jumbled together. I was nervous for tonight especially after my father's adamance about how this new PR stunt was meant to be public.

My head snapped up at the sound of my office door opening. Only one person barged into my office unannounced. Kanaan.

"Don't you know how to knock." I chided as he ignored me and took a seat Infront of me.

"You have a date to tonight's event?" I rolled my eyes at his blatant lack of manners.

"Yes, I found one."

"She doesn't want to be in the public eye?" he questioned. I nodded irritated by his line of questioning.

"Is it the girl from the bar?" my eyes snapped up to his as he gave me a knowing look.

"Does she know what she's being dragged into?"

"No."

"Is that fair? She could lose her job you know?"

I nodded holding my head in my hands as I massaged my aching temples.

"I promised her nothing would happen, and I told them the same." Kanaan nodded in response before standing up to leave.

"that's all you have to say?" I asked as he turned to walk away. He simply shrugged before taking his leave