5

Tomasso's POV

I hadn't expected to see her again. Actually, I lied. I may have asked the owner of the place about her schedule and chosen a day she worked to host my event. I wanted to see her again I couldn't help myself.

She intrigued me, in a way no woman had before. Most women threw themselves at my feet claiming to be enamoured by me but in reality, they loved the idea of me. The lifestyle. The money.

Being the CEO of a top 5 FTSE 100 company and one of the richest "bachelors" in London let alone the world had such 'perks' but it meant that almost everyone in our world, in our circles new my name, my face, my net worth and it made finding an actual connection impossible.

I guess that contributed to my nickname "Don Giovanni." I would be lying to myself if I didn't understand why. I guess you could say I had earned the nickname. Committed relationships had never been for me and I was constantly snapped with different women on my arm's multiple times a week.

I know that I'm 24 now and that my legacy should be more of a focus. My father never failed to mention it at every family dinner about how I needed to think about settling down and that no respectable women would consider settling down with a man like me with that reputation.

Now I had a problem.

The respectable woman was walking away from me. Although my mind did not fail to notice that my family may not share the same sentiment. As bad as it sounded, she worked in a bar, and although it had never bothered me nor been a problem a very sad but realistic thought nagged at my mind. She wasn't exactly the Italian or English girl my parents had envisaged for me.

I surveyed the room attempting to alleviate my boredom as my motivation to get me through tonight had managed to evade me. I hated networking and I hated it even more now that she had gone.

"Did you scare her off?" Kanan slipped onto the chair next to me equally as unhappy to be here. I grunted ignoring his irritating statement. "I thought you said you didn't like the wine." His eyes narrowing as he focused on the glass of wine in my hand. I shrugged taking another sip. "I like anything she gives me."

An hour left to go. I mentally rejoiced as I snuck a glance at my watch. Aida had settled behind the bar working swiftly as another girl helped serve drinks. I shook hands with potential clients and colleagues as they thanked me for their invites and made empty promises to see me soon.

Soon the room had cleared out and only Kanan remained as he sat in a corner head buried in his laptop, he was probably working. The man didn't know anything about work life balance. I mean neither did I, but he was terrible. I made my way to the bar eager to speak to her again.

I watched her as she whizzed around behind the bar cleaning. Her movements were more sluggish now and I could see how tired she was as it showed by her slightly puffy eyes. She still looked beautiful to me.

"Oh, Masso you're still here." She stated as I approached. I didn't miss the way her colleague's eyes snapped to me and the way she quickly repositioned herself to stand at Aida's side.

"Well considering its my event I should stay till all my guests have departed, no?" I smirked as I watched the recognition in her face. "So, you are Mr. Valentini then?"

"It is i." I replied, not missing the feeling of my heart sinking slightly as I realised, she knew who I was. "Masso Valentini" she murmured, my body loving the way my name rolled of the tongue. For once in my life, I didn't want someone to know my name, to know what I worked for, what I stood for.

"Nice." She shrugged and went back to wiping the countertop. Oh.

"Mr Tommaso Valentini, it's a pleasure to meet you sir I'm Ellie." I flinched at her now extended hand that asked for a handshake. I complied reaching out and shaking hers not missing the way her hand lingered on mine as she stared into my eyes. Irritated I snatched my hand back overly aware of how Aida pretended to busy herself as if she hadn't seen the interaction.

"You normally frequent the canary wharf branch what brings you to Mayfair? Masso?" The blonde quipped, her squeaky voice giving me a headache. "Tomasso is fine thanks, and I wanted a change of scenery." I offered her a tight smile. "Well, Tomasso..." I hated the way she dragged out my name "If you ever need someone to show you around the city after hours, just let me know. I have a feeling you'd enjoy my company." I gave her a tight nod before turning back to Adia.

She was gone. For fucks sake.

"Where can I find your colleague Emma?"

"Oh, its Ell-" she quickly shut her mouth when she saw the irritated look on my face.

"she's in the back, she's closing tonight. I was just about to leave if you want to walk me out." I couldn't help how the corner of my mouth lifted in irritation at her brazen flirting.

"See yourself out." I turned on my heel and rounded the bar before stalking towards the door of the back room.

"Tom you can't go I-" her sentence cut off by the slamming shut of the door.