2

Tomasso's POV

"Tomasso, leave the girl alone." My friend admonished as he glared at me from across the table.

"it's her job, no?" I smirked slightly amused by Kanan's demeanour. He was reserved and extremely introverted never taking well to unwanted or unnecessary attention. He ignored me like he usually did. He's a man of few words.

"she's stunning" I declared as I glanced over at the bar watching her prepare and pour colourful cocktails that clearly belonged to another table. Her brows furrowed in concentration and slight irritation marred her face as her male coworker stood next to her leaning on the bar speaking in an attempt to get her attention. Damn. I want her attention too.

Yet again no response. Kanan is a tough crowd. I shrugged turning back to him. "Ok back to business" I exclaimed clasping my hands together and staring at him.

Dinner passed quickly as Kanan, and I discussed business. Everything from the falling stock market to the cost-of-living crisis and to his hand in cyber-tech and security.

Our food came swiftly. My eyes darting up and down her body as she placed our meals down in front of us. "Thank you, Aida." I revelled in her nonchalance. She noticed my eye movements, but her face showed no sign of recognition of my slightly inappropriate behaviour

"No problem, sir. Just grab my attention if there is anything else you need." I admired her professionalism. In the past some of her colleagues at this establishment had made zero to no effort of hiding their intentions, slipping phone numbers and unbuttoning their blouses to show off more cleavage as they bent down to deliver food to our tables. Aida simply did her job.

"You can call me Maso." She simply nodded before rushing away back to busy herself with other jobs.

"a girl who doesn't drop her panties when you simply glance her way, well that's a first." My head snapped towards Kanan as he lifted his glass to his lips

"After not talking about anything other than business tonight that's your only contribution? shut the fuck up."

"Defensive much." He murmured hands raised in mock surrender.