8

I spent the week on edge and worrying about what I had gotten myself into. I spent my days crocheting and speaking with Jacob. Id spoken with his doctors, and they didn't see him making it any more than another three months. I was sick to my stomach, every time I closed that door to leave fearing it may be my last.

A part of me wanted to quit working and a voice in my head told me since he was going soon, I was better off spending all my time with him instead, but he didn't want me to stay. He kept telling me to go home and rest or do something else with myself. So, if that's what he wanted I would rather work.

It was the night before the big day. I was worried. I questioned if it was worth risking my livelihood for a man who would dispose of me the moment, he found a woman more interesting. Who knew, he may see a more beautiful woman that night and ditch me in the middle of a room filled with old rich businessmen.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my apartment door. No one ever knocked on my door, especially considering I hadn't let anyone up. The knock sounded again, and I slowly pushed up from seat as I slowly made my way to the peephole. My pounding heart subsided when I was met with the sight of a woman in stiletto heels and a pencil skirt and blouse carrying a bunch of boxes with a scowl on her face.

I swung the door open as she attempted to knock again. She was impatient.

"Mr Valentini asked me to deliver these to you." I nodded offering a quiet thanks as I quickly took them from her hands. She glared at me so simply stared back quirking up a brow.

"Goodnight." I offered unnerved by her presence. She simply turned and stormed down the corridor. My face cringed at the sound of her stiletto heels clicking on the floor. She was going to piss off my neighbours.

I dumped the boxes on my bed staring at the array of different shapes they came in. I started with the biggest box first.

I carefully pulled open the ribbon that held the box closed before opening its lid. Maybe it was the hoarder in me, but I always kept pretty boxes like these especially if they were expensive. I gasped as the shoes came into view. I wasn't familiar with designer items or brands, but they definitely looked expensive. They were stiletto, with a satin material and two silver crystal embedded bows and similar straps. A note lay next to them.

"Mach & Mach – I hope you like them- T"

I stared at them in awe before moving to the next box. Quickly pulling out the paper that encased the dress within. I pulled it out amazed by the dress I held in my hand. It was black, elegant and simple yet sexy. I stood up holding it against my body in the full-length mirror. It also had a thigh high slit. It was accompanied by another note.

"Alexander McQueen- I'm sure it will look beautiful on you- T"

I eyed the rest of the boxes on the floor slightly unnerved as my hands trembled. I unwrapped them carefully my heart thundering as I recognised the signature tiffany blue box. I recognised the freshwater pearl set that lay inside. I'd seen them on a model on Instagram before.

Fuck. He had spent so much money on me. For some reason I felt uncomfortable, sort of angry even. I knew my feelings were displaced but I couldn't help but be upset at the fact he could blow such money on a stranger in one night. The monetary value of these gifts would relive me of so much debt in my world, but I had to remember this was his and my burdens weren't his.

I twiddled the last note between my fingers.

"See you tomorrow bella :) -T

However, on the back of this note his phone number was scrawled out

I reached for my phone deciding it was best I thanked him for his generosity. I would give everything back to him afterwards.

"Tomasso its Aida. I just wanted to thank you for the gifts you had delivered to my house. It was beyond generous. Have a nice night."

I jumped into my bed; boxes scattered on the floor around me as I stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't help the warmth that spread throughout my chest. At least I had something good to look forward to in times like these.