Chapter 6 Red Thread

o_O That weird moment when your dad asks to see your story. And you say okay because you know he can't judge you cause he writes mlp fanfiction. So yeah that happened.

Red Thread of Fate------------------>

I dedicate this chapter to my friend lilyinthesky. I wish you luck in surviving your senior year. 

***********************************************************

Chapter 6

Red Thread

Noel's POV

I hum as I stack boxes of extra tissue paper and ribbons for bouquets. I couldn't help being in a good mood with how well my day has been going. Not only I manage to eat my entire cinnamon bun breakfast, but I was actually hungry when lunch time came around. So I went out to this quiet little diner for a bite. The only downside is the amount of stares I got being one of the new faces in town. Werewolves are known for being territorial so it will probably take them awhile before they start acting normal around me. 

The interview I had with a young lady named Selina Kohl went remarkably well. I was already thinking of hiring her because of her experience working a flower shop when she was away at college studying business. Meeting her brought a new aspect of her personality into light. The healthy gold threads forming a thick braid known to me as her pack link. Even the threads that did not form the link seem to be a good copper color, showing that her friendly disposition wasn't just a front for the interview. I hired her as soon as the interview was over. She told me she wanted to help me with setting the store in order, starting today. So she will be joining me soon after she changes into some work clothes.

That reminds me, I need to put away those files Dante sent over on the Rose Wood Pack. He told me that most of the pack has been left in the dark about us under the presumption that we are human. Not even the future Alpha knows the truth that Dante set up an alliance between his coven and the pack with the conditions of our relocation here. In order to insure Alpha Grant, he was informed of the base reasons for our move.

I sigh as I head up to the upper floor to this building. The first floor will serve as a show room for some of my more simple bouquets and storage. The second floor will be employers only with small lounge and locker area for them and my office for consultations for more special and complicated orders.

I go straight for my desk and pick the files. A piece of paper slides out of one and onto the floor. I grab it and go to put away when something catches my eye, the picture of a young man. The man looked like the goddess' gift to women and he knew it. His amber eyes must take everyone's attention like they do mine. I scan through the report.

Name: Leon Edgar Rose

Age: 17

Birthday: November 1st 

Parents: Grant and Nora Rose

Information: He is the future Alpha of the Rose Wood Pack. He shows remarkable intelligence and strength, but little motivation to use them. He shows very little interest in pack affairs. He was not even bothered when told he wasn't allowed into the meeting between Dante and his father. Leon avoids his responsibilities and training most of the time. He seems to be sitting in his father's shadow and showing no desire to move. His pack still believes he will be ready to be Alpha when he turns eighteen.

Great, another pack brat Alpha to add to the growing list. A pack leader only by name and not by actions. At least his Beta shows promise, already taking on some of his duties. This shouldn't concern me but...