Chapter 13 (Part 1) Strength and Trust

Please note that I've decided to change Noel and Basil's height in chapter 2. Noel is now 5'8" and Basil is 5'9". And I'll probably delete the comments on Noel's old height so they don't confuse new readers. 

Noel's Greenhouse ------->

Chapter 13

Strength and Trust (Part 1)

Noel's POV

<Calm yourself, little cub. Shifting now would only get us killed.> Karno reminds me once more.

<I don't care as long as all of them die with me.> I reply, coldly. I glare at the backs of the watchers standing at the front of my cave, my eyes burning with hatred. I feel my canines began to sharpen in response to my anger. <This endless cycle of violence ends with me. No more children will suffer the way I have once we're done.>    

My leopard sighs. <We need to wait for the perfect opportunity. If we do this wrong, our death will be meaningless. And that boy will take our place.>

I glance at the markings on the wall. One day left. <Do you really think we have time to wait?!?!> 

<We still need a solid plan, little cub. Even with my strength, we are still no match against a pack of filthy rogues that murder for sport.> he insists. 

<I wish you weren't right.> I scowl. 

<When am I not.> Karno smirks, but he quickly loses it. <Someone's coming.> he tells me as our newly sensitive ears pick up on the sound of footsteps heading in the direction of our prison. My teeth dull and my silver eyes turn blue as my leopard retreats further within me to avoid tipping them off.

"Is your slut finally finished making dinner?" one of the watchers grumbles, harshly. I recognize the voice as the man who's responsible for the bite marks on my arms and dried blood between my legs.

"Yes, and consider yourselves relieved. Since I already have to feed the little bitch, I guess I can watch him while you two get your fill," the familiar gruff voice of Victor echoes down to me from the cave entrance with false sincerity.

The second watcher laughs. "Perhaps you plan on getting your fill of something else while you're here. It's been awhile since you joined the pack and you still have yet to taste what this little one has to offer, Victor. You don't want to lose your chance," he suggests. I shiver at the meaning of his words.

"Maybe you're right," Victor ponders, making my stomach drop. Why? Why now does he change his mind? Victor has been the only one in this filthy pack who hasn't chosen me as his prize when he won a fight. He would choose one of the few Omega slaves instead. Whichever one is the one in charge of changing out my water and bedding. "Don't be surprised if you hear any screaming coming from here."

I scramble to the back of my prison after his words. <Please Goddess No!> I whimper in my mind as I hear the watchers' steps leading away from the cave and Victor's steps leading towards me. Karno calms my panicking as Victor steps into my view.

His tan muscular body towers over me, only a worn pair of jeans hugs his hips leaving the rest of him exposed. Confusingly, his cold eyes warm at the sight of me. "Hey, kid, here's your dinner," Victor says, calmly and quietly. He sets the metal pan that some human probably left behind while camping down and gently nudges it towards me. I pick up the container and frown at the huge portions that almost spill out. A large assortment of wild berries, edible roots, harmless mushrooms, and cracked nuts as well as a large slab of meat probably deer.