-12-

Dhruv could feel his head spinning— like literally.

"When I came back home, my brothers had already arranged doctor to be sure, but before I could have a sure test I went to bathroom and well—I got my periods.." Dhriti said on the call from other side and Dhruv felt like the day could bot get any longer.

"Did you have miscarriage?" He asked, his eyes widening in horror as he sat up, she must be in pain if that happened.

"I thought but—no...I got tested and all, there was never a baby...that test I took was maybe expired that's why it showed the line.." Dhriti said back on the call, her voice going low and sheepish.

Dhruv let out sigh of relief at least she wasn't in pain.

Before he got his mind back.

"What the hell, woman?! You literally got me punched, threatened and made me feel damn dissapointed in my whole existence in last three hours for nothing?" He said on the call, his voice going a little higher.

He was angry—and relieved at same time.

"I didn't mean to...I myself was so worried." Dhriti mumbled back on the call, feeling guilty for it.

It wasn't her fault though, she was scared!

And well, Dhruv wasn't some monster to not melt at her little guilt voice. It sounded so beautiful just laced with some unspecified emotion like worry—

"It's—fine." Dhruv said back sighing, not like he could even say something to her, could he?

Man is simp and he knows it.

"So, we are not getting married?" Dhruv mumbled to himself.

He felt dissapointed.

And sad.

Like some kicked puppy.

"About that—uhm—my brother told me to not meet you again or he will break your legs, I'm calling you cause my Bhabhi is here to gaurd the door." Dhriti said back on call, as she saw her Bhabhi standing on the door leaning against it.

Her own sister-in-laws got mini heart attack. But nonetheless they comforted her.

Dhruv scoffed on the call.

"And who the hell does he think he is to dictate your life?" He said back, his tone rude at it's peak.

Dhriti heard it along with the rudeness.

"My brother." She mumbled back, the answer was simple yet effective.

Her brother, if Dhruv thinks of his own brothers as the most important people to himself, ofcourse she would think same about her owm brothers.

But

He just grumbled back.

"So? Now what?" He said on the call, he knew what he wanted to do. He just wanted her answer to see of he need to do things in hasty manner or can things get done in lax manner.

"What? Nothing. I don't want you to be hurt and I also don't want my brothers to feel like I don't respect their words.." Dhriti mumbled back on the call, her fingers playing with the fabric of the dress she was wearing.

It would be lie if she said she didn't feel anything for Dhruv, it may not be something very strong as love but there was surely a liking, maybe not to the highest extent but it still relied inside her.

She felt comforted by him just by looking in his eyes, she didn't had to use her words to convey that she wanted to be comforted. The way he was so keen on not letting her go, he went against his own brothers—that was enough to tell her that he is a good man.