Chaper eleven: The start of the Festival

✧______________________________________________________✧

Chapter eleven

"Hey, did you watch the news yesterday?"

"yeah"

"Did you see how everyone in class was on-screen for a second?"

"Hey Lumine, everyone seems pretty relax even after what happened yesterday!" Aether commented, enjoying the classrooms banter as he leaned over towards his sister. Lumine responded with an exhausted groan, as she shifted her head to the side. Aether laughed at his sibling simply giving her simple pat on the head, too which she responded by flicking his hand away, eventually resting her head on the table in order to avoid his gaze, Aether felt slightly offended. Soon Mina came over to the two and lightened the mood a bit.

"Aether, Lumine! Good to see you guys are doing well- huh what are you-" Mina started before being cut off by Aether, signaling for her to be more quite. She was confused to say the least, but she obliged none the less, leaning down to meet Aether at eye level.

"Wanna help me?" Aether whispered, signaling to the lock of hair he had, griped in his hand and done u already in a half braid. Mina quickly caught on to what Aether was doing, moving over to Lumine's opposite side to make a start, the two sharing quiet giggles under their breaths. As they were just about to finish Idia suddenly burst into the classroom.

"Everyone! Moring homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!" Idia proclaimed, standing stiff in front of the class. Halfway through his sentence Mina managed to slip back into her seat, behind Aoyama, after tying a quick bow at the end of the braid.

"We're already in our seats."

"You're the only who's not."

"Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!"

"Ahh!" Lumine found herself being shocked awake by the sheer amount of noise the class was making, as students questioned the homeroom teachers sudden appearance in class.

"So, you're all right, Mr. Aizawa?" Iida questioned, his hand immediately going into the air to catch his teachers attention. Aizawa only responded in a tired tone, as he limped over to the front desk in the room, his entire body covered in white bandages. "My well-being doesn't matter. More importantly, the fight is not over yet." Aizawa continued, his tone growing more serious.

"The U.A. sports festival is drawing near." Aizawa finished, his tiered eyes peeking through the gaps in-between the bandages.

"That's a super normal school event!" The whole class chimed in, with Aether following in behind them, while lumine tried to block out the noise by putting dendro moss in her ears. It didn't end very well.

"Wait a minute." Denki chimed in hesitantly, placing a hand over Kirishima's mouth to quiet him down.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro added, her question causing others to ask similar things.

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event." Aizawa answered, his eyes disappearing behind the folds in the bandages.

"If the security was so good then they wouldn't have gotten in the first place" Lumine voiced, her thoughts coming out of her mouth before she could think them through. She found herself slightly taken aback, as she started asking herself one question... "When did I become comfortable enough to say my thoughts out loud, without thinking?".

"That's exactly why security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. Making it not the type of event to be cancelled because of a few villains." Aizawa finished, his tone returning to its usual dead beat one.