Chapter 11: Escape

Back at the Ranch...

Theon was climbing up the elevator the sheet made ladder draped over his shoulder as it would help them climb up.

Even though he was young it was his time to act. He could help his siblings and friends and he knew he needed to be brave.

His older brother was his model alongside his father. But his dad is now gone and Aiden is all he has. Their conversation in the Baudelaires temporary bedroom at the Squalors got into him.

He decided he would be brave. He liked climbing anyway so that helped him.

Aiden was watching his brother climbing up the elevator pipes and he was very concentrated on watching him to make sure he's okay.

Violet, Thalia and Duncan were also watching Theon making sure the plan is going well.

Violet shined up the pipes with the flashlight of their spyglass.

At some point he slips a little but quickly regains his grip as Thalia's breath stops. She would feel so guilty if something happened to her baby brother during a plan she proposed.

His climbing continued without faults and the children relaxed a little.

-I can't believe it, Aiden breathes out

-That our baby brother is climbing up an elevator shaft, that our guardian pushed us in, to get us out? Thalia answers back

-I can't belive any of it, Aiden sighs anxiety not leaving his body

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It might be difficult to believe, but at any given moment someone somewhere is in a dangerous situation and people in some other place are dancing and having a good time.

The world is often like this. A celebration here, terrible trouble outside the door, a fire in a forgotten house, a death at an isolated hut, but elsewhere, a chance to end a villain's treachery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's do some reading while we're down here, Violet suggested holding a book laying there on the net

-What's that? Thalia asks sitting next to Violet and Duncan

-It's the catalogue of the auctio. We may find a clue there about our siblings, Duncan said with a half smile

He really missed Isadora. After the loss of their brother they had been close than ever but she had slipped away from his grasp.

~~A kidnapping underground
And in a penthouse, a daring escape~~

Theon finally reached the top. He sat on the edge to catch his breath but moved away when he notice the gap before him. He was holding tightly onto the ladder because the last thing he wanted was to drop it and mess up the plan. His brother would be dissapointed he thought.

He tied using the devil's tongue the first sheet onto the metal rail. He wondered if it was okay and tilting his head to the side he thought of Violet and Abigail pulling at the sheets to secure the knot even further. So he did that.
It was perfect.

He feels a hand on his shoulder and jumps up. It's the Hook-man.

-The management regrets it cannot allow orphans to escape, he says with a serious face

Orphans.

-You think I just gonna let you escape?, Hook handed man questions and Theon grabs a nearby abandoned parsley soda, opening it and handing it to him