Chapter 4: Café Salmonella

After less than 10 minutes everyone arrived at the rather fancy restaurant called Café Salmonella.

- Are you sure we won't get food poisoning??, Theon whispered to Aiden

- Well it's supposed to be the fanciest restaurant in town how bad can it be? Aiden answered

- Come on children we don't want to be late!! My best friend will arrive any minute now and it'll be rude to think I set her up!! After all she is the sixth most important financial advisor here.

The children got out of the limousine and were slightly amazed by how luxurious it seemed

- Avery?, Thalia asked
- Yes darling?
- Why are we wearing pinstrip suits and dresses??
- Because they do not let patrons in if they are not wearing pinstripe suits which means that Cafe Salmonella is a fine dining restaurant with a high maintenance dress code., an unfamiliar voice said
- Esme my dear!! Avery said
- Avery my darling!! I see you have your very own in set of children.
- What is your name ma'me, Abby ask
- Oh dear you're speaking to Esme Gigi Genevieve Squalor. But call me just Esme

Thalia thought she was pretty impressive with that fine hat. Abby found her looking very powerful and a boss. Aiden found cool that she had the money herself along with her independence. Theon actually thought her hat looked like a pirate's one.

But when they were done with observing the new addition they noticed 3 children with her. As well as two men.

-Hi,the girl said, I'm Violet Baudelaire and these are my siblings, my brother Klaus and my baby sister Sunny

-It's nice to meet you! I'm Abigail, this is Aiden, Thalia and little Theon, she said pointing at each of her siblings

- Come on children get inside, Mr Hyde said

The interior was decorated with pictures of salmon. The tables were decorated with vases full of salmon instead of flowers as expected in an average restaurant and all of the servers wore salmon costumes, which caused carrying plates and trays to be a difficult task.

- Hello I'm Larry your waiter, welcome to Café Salmonella, the innest restaurant, and the only one serving an all-salmon menu, including beverages and table linens, a fish waiter said

Thalia found weird the whispers the Baudelaires exchanged.
-Its that waiter, he's everywhere we go, Violet said
- He's always trying to help us, her brother said

Was was even weirder for her was that the "foreigner" called Gunther actually knew Larry but she shrugged it off because they might've had a previous encounter here

-Larry. I, uhh, he said with a sudden change of accent, I think I'm feeling queasy, please. I need to run back to pretty lady's apartment, where there's nothing hidden by the way! , that was just too suspicious

- Oh nonsense sir. We've had the menu translated, especially for our foreign guests.
- And what language did you translate it into please ?
- The one you speak more fluently
- Well,well I speak of them Hella fluently, so ...
- Then there's nothing to worry about.

With that the waiter shoved Gubther back into his chair and kept distributing the menus.

As the waiter was trying to make the guests have salmon flavored sparkling water he showed something that said V.F.D ..... It's one of the times I have to excuse myself for a while because only that acronym manages to bring tears in my eyes....

Aiden knew how to translate body language and from his seat he understood that the Quagmires, the lost kids, were in an apartment and that some people would help them escape. The only pieces of the puzzle that didn't stick were the acronym V.F.D and the symbol of an eye Larry made. He would discuss it with his sister later on.

The rest of the lunch continued rather mildly with a 46-course tasting menu that included Broiled Salmon, salmon pie, salmon salad and salmon bread.

At some point even Mr.Poe came by telling us how happy he is that all of the children are used to living in high society and are being friends.

The rest of the events at the Café seem like a blur. Too many faces and too many new information to comprehend. So the Clampitts rested upon talking to each other and occasionally to the Baudelaires who for a bit seemed too preoccupied with all of those people.

But little Theon's mind found a way to sneak on the front of his brain the memory of his mum. He started getting sadder and sadder because he wouldn't be able to see his mom and dad. He was so little to comprehend all of it. It seemed weird, like a new strange adventure his family came up with.

But even he soon realized that this isn't an adventure for fun. It's tragedy