Chapter 9: Reunited and torn apart

- Violet!

- Klaus!

The triplets' voice echoed through the dark shaft. The Baudelaires turned their heads and sighed in relief as Klaus put his hand over his heart. Truth is Violet and Klaus were very eager to finally rescue their friends. Klaus never thought that hearing Isadora's voice would bring him such sudden comfort and an euphoric feeling in his heart.

-Thankfully you're still here, for a minute i thought we were too late, he sighs looking at Isadora through the bars of their cage looking still tense but evidently less anxious.

Isadora smiled softly in return grateful for Klaus worrying about  their safety. 

-Who are your friends? Duncan asked the three siblings refering to the Clampitts' who were a little awkwardly standing on the side

-Oh- they are the Clampitts'. They are our newest friends and Count Olaf's plan has already extended to another level. So we really need to fill you in once you're out of here, Violet said quickly snapping back knowing there was not much time. 

-Okay so what's the plan? asked Duncan dreading to get out of their dark damp prison.

-Damnit! Aiden said, We were so focused on getting down here we forgot how to get you out, he continued hurriedly with a slightly pained expression on his face, feeling guilty for not considering that

- It's fine we can go back up and bring something, Abigail said not wanting their hard work to go to waste

Violet tied her hair up to help her think and Abby was fiddling with her ring. 

When suddenly...

- I-I have a hair pin! Thalia exclaimed, they had to thank the previously kneet ponytail her hair was pulled in that was now loose.

-It will do! Give it to me, Violet said as the younger girl got the pin out of her hair and handed it to her but after some fiddling around it broke.

-I think i know what went wrong, do you have another? Violet asked Thalia who nodded and handed another one to her

-We should search for something else as well, Abigail said as Theon left her side and wwandered off to the side

-It's a good idea Thalia, but Violet lock is rather big, are you sure the hair pin will work? Aiden asked half-heartedly

-Will this do? Theon asked tilting his head to the side holding a piece of thin metall, Sunny can turn it into a key! he exclaimed passing it to her 

-All five pins have broke we should try it, Thalia urged

After a minute Sunny was done and they had a nice makeshift key to try.

-Impressive, Aiden exclaimed as Sunny answered 

-Strong teeth! 

- Good job Suuny! Isadora urged really wanting to be out of the cage

In mere moments the lock was on the floor, the cage was burst open and the Quagmires were finally free! They engulfed the Baudelaires in a tight hug. Isadora fell into Klaus and as he pulled her closer, she sunk into his arms. 

-I think this calls for a gorup hug, Violet says as she opens one arm and motions at the Clampitts who willingly join their friends. 

The moment was bittersweet for it was a much needed hug and it was weird because recently hugs seemed more rare. At the moment it was mixed agony and relief about the plan and also fear and dread from freedom from the Quagmires' part. The most important was the reunion between Baudelaires and Quagmires for it gave them all a reason to hope for the better.