Chapter 3: A terrible secret

The children entered leaving the door a tad open.. To their surprise it was a library. A bit messy but full of books. Even if Avery didn't read most of them it was a true treasure for the children. They started wandering in the room.

Theon ran immediately to a book with a train logo. Well, a particular book caught Abigail's attention. It had handmade flowers outside, but they were black.

She looked at Thalia confused and she just shrugged.

[First page]

"This will end badly. You better don't read that. It contains secrets darker than the dark. Organizations get mixed and cause chaos to innocent people. This book is really straightforward." -Probably reverse phycology Thal  don't worry, Abby said and kept reading

[Second page]

"It's a small house, partly burnt, between all the rest. Only that it's empty, with memories dancing through the air. But only I can see them. No, not see them. Feel them. There is a sugarbowl in there. Hidden. The last one. Be careful, it's deadly. Literally. And not as regards to the substance inside. If the wrong side of the schism knows.... you're dead. I warned I'd be straightforward. Many men and women will get killed cause of this schism. Even children. People who didn't deserve it. First the Clampitts, the Baudelaires, the Quagmires and my brother. My dear Oliver. Dead.
By Mal- "

Just when Abigail and Thalia went to read the author, the door flew open.

-Oh children! Here you are come on I've got us booked a table at the nicest and most in restaurant to go meet my best friend and her own adopted children!
-Well, that's really nice of you Ms Hyde, Thalia said
- Just Avery darling (imagine her with British accent) Quickly go get changed so we won't be late!!

The Clampitts went in the rooms and changed into decent clothes, appropriate for the occasion. Even if they were still influenced from the sudden change, Abigail tried to cheer everyone up a bit.

In the meantime, Avery grabbed the book and when she read the title she opened the page, read the 3 pages and tears threatened to spill from her eyes. She walked in her office and locked it in a drawer.

When the children were ready, they got into the loft(elevator), got into a Limousin and drove off to the restaurant.

The sad book that truth and secrets were spilling from remained in the dark drawer. The book everyone needed.

My book.